Results from West Side Poker Club Aug 19th

It was a small affair yesterday with only 30 people who came out. We appreciated the efforts everyone made to come yesterday. I know that the construction may have hampered people getting therem so we were glad you came out.

With 30 people we paid the top 4 players. Once down to 5 players they agreed to take 50.00 from first and create 5th place for 50.00

1st went to Kyle, an new comer from oakville 950.00
2nd went to Bubba 600.00
3rd went to Shopsy 300.00
4th went to John friend of Buzzzard Dave for 200.00

Again we appreciate everyone who came out. We trust you had fun.

Brent and Cam

Comments

• Good job on another great tournament Brent and Cam. I met my goal of lasting a little longer in this one. Next one I am going to try to make it to the antes. Got to see a few poker friends I haven't seen in a while and it was nice to meet some more Forum people. See you next month.

Dave
  • 2nd went to Bubba 600.00
    3rd went to Shopsy 300.00
    Brent and Cam

Obviously a huge weak field !!
  • Give lots of chips to winner -- check
    Give chips to 2'nd -- check
    Try to give chips to shopsy -- check

I had lots of fun spewing chips. Good tourney once again! See you next month. I like the higher buy-in and no bounties btw.

Cheers
    Magi
  • Is it possible for the next Westside to be on a Saturday afternoon so that more people can come? My friends and I haven't been able to make it for any of the Sunday Westside tournaments.
    magithighs wrote: »
    See you next month. I like the higher buy-in...
  • Why?

Is that the day of the Piranna tour?
  • MDSGuy wrote: »
    Why?

OH! Snap! :)

/g2
  • MDSGuy wrote: »
    Why?

So what is the "patience factor" of the piranna tour?
  • No, I haven't played a single game there in the past couple of seasons. They don't run their business well. The last time I tried to play there was for a Wild Card game to their Grand Championship, but they screwed it up horribly by running the game early without notice and not letting people who came at the right time to play. They did such a poor job promoting the special event that only the same few regulars showed up. I left a message with management about the huge screwup, but they didn't even have the courtesy to reply. :mad:
    MDSGuy wrote: »
    Why?
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    No, I haven't played a single game there in the past couple of seasons. They don't run their business well. The last time I tried to play there was for a Wild Card game to their Grand Championship, but they screwed it up horribly by running the game early without notice and not letting people who came at the right time to play. They did such a poor job promoting the special event that only the same few regulars showed up. I left a message with management about the huge screwup, but they didn't even have the courtesy to reply. :mad:

I think you misunderstood what they were implying..........
  • IM-ON-TILT wrote: »
    I think you misunderstood what they were implying..........

Or he chose to ignore the unwarrented snide remark.
  • ElElliott wrote: »
    Or he chose to ignore the unwarrented snide remark.

Uhhhhh....

No snide remark, it was a genuine question. I know Buddy plays alot of Piranna Tour events, hence the reason why I said "Why, is it a Piranna event?"

I have been looking to play in one, but it seems they don't do a whole lot out in Ajax.