Drive-in all nighter

Hey all

So, a few of us are pondering taking in the all-nighter drive in at the Mustang drive-in just outside of Guelph.

This Sunday, they're showing 4 movies back to back to back to back, $15 gets you the whole night. The line-up is (in order of showing):

- The Simpson's Movie
- Live free or die hard
- Fantastic Four 2: Rise of the Silver Surfer
- 28 Weeks Later

This is a pretty sweet lineup (for geeks like me), but also, if we get enough together, beanie's discussed having a poker game beforehand (since you have to get there really early).

Anyone in?

Mark

Comments

• I'd be willing to host a poker game this weekend, if anyones' interested! I don't know about the drive in as I've seen most of the movies on the line-up.

Let me know if your interested,

Don
  • me and my fiance could be in for this [joe for poker/movie...di for movie]
  • Perhaps I should clarify...

The poker game was going to take place AT the drive-in... while waiting for the movie

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Perhaps I should clarify...

The poker game was going to take place AT the drive-in... while waiting for the movie

Mark

It seemed clear enough for me...... what time would the game start as I am at my grandmothers birthday that day.
  • AcidJoe wrote: »
    It seemed clear enough for me...... what time would the game start as I am at my grandmothers birthday that day.
    Gates open at 7:00 and the show is supposed to start just after 9pm. We expect to be there just prior to gates opening (around 6:45). I'd assume the game would start fairly quickly (to allow for darkness and the movie), so probably around 7:15-7:20.
  • I can picture the circle of cards with their headlights on around a foldout table, with a crisp deck of bicycle cards and those plastic "stacking" bicycle chips. Like hockey back on the pond!
  • Damn, can't make bro. Wraych and I have a "thing"
  • I may, just may, still be camping then. Otherwise I may, just may, be in.

stp
    - The Simpson's Movie
    SEEN IT. Homer sums it all up in the first 2 minutes...BORRRRINGGG
    DrTyore wrote: »
    - Live free or die hard
    Bruce is getting too old for this now, but still a good flick
    - Fantastic Four 2: Rise of the Silver Surfer
    EXCELLENT!!! Except the voice doesn't work for me
    - 28 Weeks Later
    Let me guess, another zombie movie? Sheesh...why won't they just DIE!!!

Have fun guys. Mustang holds alot of memories for me. Make some of your own!
  • If I wasn't moving this weekend I'd be in for sure man, sounds like a sweet line up for $15!!!!

ps I have to get your games back to you Mark....how should wo go about it? Tyler finally finished Zelda...very cool watching him play it!
  • Umm...

You could drop it off at Mario's? He does live like a block away

Mark
  • Leave it to you to come up with a sweet idea. Too bad the Moose's are away or we'd be in for it.
  • We've moved birthday to Saturday, so it looks good for going and being on time. Could someone PM me or post the address so I know where the hell we are going.
  • http://www.mustangdriveinguelph.ca/

Homepage... and they just lowered the price! $13

THough, I am a little concerned about the way the date is scheduled, I think it means they're doing dusk to dawn both saturday nad sunday, but I'll call and double check.

Mark
  • Confirmed!

It's running both Saturday and Sunday night. I do suggest that we get there early! I believe gates open at 7:00?

Mark
    I believe gates open at 7:00?
    Good guess...
    beanie42 wrote: »
    Gates open at 7:00 and the show is supposed to start just after 9pm.
    I do suggest that we get there early!
    Good idea. Maybe 15-20 min before gates open?
    beanie42 wrote: »
    We expect to be there just prior to gates opening (around 6:45).

Any other suggestions? :p
  • I'd almost say before the gates opening, I've seen that bad boy lined up back to hwy 7....

We should all meet up early, maybe at my place in Guelph, grab a crapload of snacks, and then head up?

Mark
  • Okay.... so who's all in?

Me
    Beanie42
    KangaX5
    AcidJoe
    AcidJoeshoe
    Joeheartsdi
    Joeheartsdi +1

This everyone?

Anyways.. if anyone wants to meet up before hand at my place, call my cell (519-241-1572), otherwise, let's confirm so that we can try to save spots for everyone.

Mark
  • sorry guys cant make it, got a dinner to go to in grand bend...
  • so is it a ring game or sng? Is it still on?
  • Personally.. I think a ring game's the better choice...

It's still on... and if you wanna meet up at my place... well

119 Grange Street Guelph ON N1E 2V3

I have to do a baptism thing until like 2:30, but if you wanna show up after say like 5:00? Call my cell

Hell, you may even score free food from the post baptismal reception! :)

Mark
  • Didn't stay for the last movie and I learned what a donk DrTyore can be. Had a blast.

Critics:

Simpsons the movie Pretty Lame
    Die hard whatever Action packed but pretty unbelievable
    fantastic 4 decent short flick
    28 weeks kinda weird and didn't stay.

I"m off to bed have a good night
  • One word from me.. fullhouse...... gotta love em. Had a blast want to do it again. Great night with Jen, Trevor, and Mark ummm super donk. I mean...
    Is that not what you called yourself... We played a sitngo first then a cash game till the movies started. I totally screwed up the heads up fot the sitngo. Nice Trevor. Now that cash game was awsome. one word for you all fullhouse...........

critics

the simpsons sucked...... large......
    die hard ninty or whatever it was called great action and special effects but a little unbeleivable.

fantastic four my kinda movie short and sweet. but good...

28 weeks we left, I fell asleep, scared stuff I dont like much..

Tis time for this girl to go to bed now too. After all it is 5am. And we just got home... night :)