Vegas Report

Well I survived 5 full days in Vegas with almost all of my bankroll intact. Played a lot of the ponies during the day and then poker 'til the wee hours of the morning. Played the
IP: 2-4 LHE room is good, tables need cup holders though... dealers were all competent, although sometimes slow to pick the winning hand once cards were flipped over, a few cute waitresses, a lot of players were there because "it's a cheap way to spend a few hours", I felt totally in control of the table and there were only one or two players who had any clue of pot odds etc. based on the hands they showed down
playing time ~4 hours total +$47

Harrahs: 3-6 LHE and 1-2 NLHE, I really like this room nice tables, comfortable seats, friendly and fun dealers who knew their job and did it well, waitresses were nothing special, players were incredibly poor and I was on the bad end of the variance here, it was often 8-9 to the flop and sometimes turn as well, common sense prevailed and usually only 4 people saw the river (tongue firmly in cheek) one Asian lady had NO CLUE, yet continued to rape the table with her crazy holdings... she never raised only called and never knew what to do when the action came to her (I played with her 3 nights in a row and she still didn't get it) we called her "mama" since her daughter-in-law was playing at the table...
playing time ~26 hours total -$110

MGM Grand: 3-6 LHE a nice room as well, with the marble inlay around the outer edge of table, some players didn't like this I was indifferent, dealers were OK, waitresses were nothing special here, players at my table seemed to have a good grasp of the game
playing time~2 hours total -$20

Bellagio: 4-8 LHE an OK room but the tables need cupholders! dealers were great (especially Lee!) waitresses were cute but service was s...l....o...w!
my table started off with the usual mix of players, one of my buddies at a different table which was insane... capped pre-flop,flop, turn and river 7-8 to the river and A high takes it down! almost got in a little scrap here too.. some drunk asshole comes over and plunks his chips down beside me (there are 3 other spots open) I just said that one of my buddies was going to be here soon and would like this spot... he gives me a wink like we're going to joke around about this and then fucking loses it and turns on me like crazy, cursing and saying he can sit where he wants and I'm an ignorant asshole etc...floor is called over and the ruling is that he can sit where ever he wishes because my friend's name isn't on the list I apologize and he continues to talk shit 'til he pisses away his chips (none of which came my direction)
playing time~6 hours total -$65

A few hands that stand out:
3-6 LHE at Harrah's I pick up AKs in EP and raise 8 people call...
flop comes AK3 rainbow bet from SB call, call I raise and 6 people see turn..
turn is an 8, but now 2 diamonds are on the board checked to me and I bet only mama (the clueless asian lady) calls and river is a diamond out of the corner of my eye I see her double checking her cards and I think O fuck she's got the flush.. I check and she checks behind me, sure enough she's got the 10d2d and hit runner-runner

3-6 LHE at Harrah's, I fold my rags 9 people to the flop and flop comes with 2 paints and a 5 rainbow, there is a bet and 7 people see the turn which is a 4 more bet and call action, river is another 4.. one more bet and a few fold, mama just calls and rolls over 45o for the boat and dragged another monster... the funny thing is I knew she'd give it all back and more but I couldn't catch any cards except once...

I pick up J9s in the BB and 7 players to the flop, which come 99K rainbow, I bet after SB checks, 6 callers.. turn is a 3 true rainbow board, I bet mama calls and a few others call.. river is 7 I bet mama calls and everyone else folds... I bet because I completely expected her to have shit or some bottom pair type hand (which she routinely showed down in between hitting her monsters) and she rolls A9 to beat me... I love this game....sometimes...

Anyway, I don't think I played too badly overall, despite my totals and felt that I one of the better players at the tables I sat at (although doesn't everyone?) Had I caught some cards I could have bled mama dry slowly and she had a FAT WALLET..oh well..looking forward to the 2009 trip now.
I didn't step up to the the $8-16 or higher game since my confidence was shaken after some of the incredible suckouts I witnessed and experienced myself. In 2 years my goal is to play one notch higher...

Other highlights...

got my pic with Scotty Nguyen at Harrah's
saw KA which was wicked
flew to San Diego to go to the horse races at Del Mar

Young Grimmm

Comments

• Thanks for the report. actually going to be staying in Harrahs in a couple of weeks. If the action is good, I'd rather just take the elevator up when my night is done.