The biggest pot I've gotten involved with.

This happened a couple weeks ago, I don't usually go up this high but I caught some really loose folks giving their money away and jumped in. By this time, I'm just about ready to pack it in...

Villain seems to be doing well as I watch him multi table in 6-8 spots and always be above max buyin. After 1569 hands, 15.1/12.2/3.9

Starting a new hand (#591620129)
Texas Holdem NL $10/$20 - 2007-07-04 03:25:56 Server
Table Caloundra (No DP)
Seat 1: HERO ( $4,859 )
Seat 3: cbnzzz ( $1,945.50 )
Seat 5: deadrabbit1 ( $2,128.68 )
Seat 6: Alchemistttttt ( $2,194.50 )
Seat 10: ThisYearsLove ( $2,044.50 )
deadrabbit1 posts Small Blind $10
Alchemistttttt posts Big Blind $20
Dealing cards
Your cards :2d :2s [ HERO ]
ThisYearsLove raises $80
HERO calls $80
cbnzzz folds
deadrabbit1 calls $70
Alchemistttttt folds
Dealing Flop :8c :8h :2h
deadrabbit1 checks
ThisYearsLove bets $240
HERO calls $240 Want deadrabbit1 to maybe come along?
deadrabbit1 folds
Dealing Turn :8c :8h :2h :10h
ThisYearsLove checks
HERO bets $240 Probably too weak, should have made him pay more but also hoping to get popped up by a flush.
ThisYearsLove calls $240
Dealing River :8c :8h :2h :10h :7h
ThisYearsLove checks
HERO bets $420
ThisYearsLove goes All-in $1484.50
HERO calls with a sick feeling

Is the call right, is there any way someone should fold this in this situation? Or do you accept larger boats, quads as an inevitability and must absolutely call. What if villain had another $2000 behind and pushed it all, I'm not sure I could make that call, even with this call I was still up two buyins if I lose. That's probably some poor thinking, but stepping up can be too heh.

Comments

• My guess is A8 with A hearts.
  • Can't fold a full boat here wtf? This is like the best possible cards for you to see as someone could improve their hand enough for you to take all their money...And hell if you got coolered, then move on that's poker...What was the result?
  • Starting a new hand (#591620129)

Fold somewhere around here.
  • BBC Z wrote: »

Curious to this comment, does it have to do with the cards or more about my ability to play this hand due to my feelings presented in my post and the $$ involved, which I think I can understand.

Anyway, he mucked :as :ac -- Maybe he put me on :ad :8d and thought he could get me afraid of the four flush.

I was more just curious if everyone here will put in all their money to the low boat and always accept that there are times it will be beaten.
  • BBC Z wrote: »

Forget this quote, this guy is a complete A******. He craps on everyones game, can't shake hands when he loses in a heads up match only to come back 5 minutes later because he realized he was being a dick.

As far as the hand goes you have to call and you have to call, if you wrong you will have to start rebuilding your bankroll.

Prophet :2h :2s
  • Forget this quote, this guy is a complete A******. He craps on everyones game, can't shake hands when he loses in a heads up match only to come back 5 minutes later because he realized he was being a dick.

As far as the hand goes you have to call and you have to call, if you wrong you will have to start rebuilding your bankroll.

Prophet :2h :2s
    Let's let those "old" feelings go huh? In any case I do understand what BBC Z is saying here and kinda agree with him. ie If you are going to be afraid of losing to higher boats in this sort of situation then don't play the little pairs. In any case, assuming I'm playing in my comfort range for my bankroll (and it sure isn't 10/20NL) then I'm doing pretty well as you did and I am calling his all in in a heartbeat. Gotta remember he raised 4x BB in mid position, would make it hard to put him on 10/8 or 7,8 which are the two most likely hands that beat you, especially if he's multi-tabling. He could have 88 but if that's what your afraid of don't play poker... Most likely holdings are over pair like he had, maybe A,8 hearts, as I said call in a heart <sw> beat....

Edit, just though of one more that beat you and could fit with his play, 10/10, I still call though.
  • compuease wrote: »
    ie If you are going to be afraid of losing to higher boats in this sort of situation then don't play the little pairs.

Yeah I was thinking that's the point he was trying to make, or even moreso, the mere fact I am questioning such a call means I shouldn't have even been at the table in itself. I just wanted to make sure there was nothing wrong with calling a preflop raise with 22 5-handed.

Obviously I had some fortune and a few donators that night though and was able to cash out a pretty nice cheque and go back to 3/6

I think in retrospect I probably looked pretty weak here due to my not wanting to lose everything I made and not being comfortable. That threw off villain who had no idea I had a boat with my little bets and in the end that paid off for me.
  • Forget this quote, this guy is a complete A******. He craps on everyones game, can't shake hands when he loses in a heads up match only to come back 5 minutes later because he realized he was being a dick.

Prophet, when people tell you 'never change', they don't mean mentally.