$50NL facing a 3-bet flop push

2»

Comments

• Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    I'm confused as to why we are potting the flop, and potentially the turn in our hypothetical ideal?

I personally love money and aspire to having even more of it..so wouldn't a more call-able bet of say 2/3 max be in order?

Interesting question. If I am betting it is my standard bet on dangerous looking boards wheather I have a hand or am making a c-bet. On non-threating boards I bet 1/2 the pot, again regardless of my holdings.

Hmmm, maybe 2/3 is better than pot. Why do you use the 2/3 max? When do you bet less?
  • sweetjimmi wrote: »
    Interesting question. If I am betting it is my standard bet on dangerous looking boards wheather I have a hand or am making a c-bet. On non-threating boards I bet 1/2 the pot, again regardless of my holdings.

Hmmm, maybe 2/3 is better than pot. Why do you use the 2/3 max? When do you bet less?

I find at these stakes most players who are on the draw will call a PSB if they are going to call at all. That being said I prefer they make the bigger call.

edit: Obv. varying your bet sizes is a solid tool and can save you lots of $$$ while getting you the same informaiton
  • It's a little monsters-under-the-bed to immediately put your HU opponent on a flush draw- 2/3 lets YOU get away more cheaply if he goes crazy with a real monster, and lets HIM call you more easily with a variety of losing hands.

We've identified him as an aggressive player, I think..let's let him be that. A weakish looking bet might be just what the Dr. ordered..I know I can be lead to slaughter in this circumstance. (well at least to raise) where a 4xBB/5xBB preflop raiser shows weakness on an A-high flop and I'm in position. I also (as the opponent) reasonably often would call a small bet with a PP>6 against this identified aggressive player who seems to have let up on the flop; to re-evaluate on the turn. Which I think should be what Cadillac wants. There are not that many reasonable hands that are beating us here and this epidemic fear of flush draws means that they will probably out themselves to "protect" their hand. (read that as go crazy and bet something absurd because we..their HU opponent *might* have 9 outs)

Charge them admission on each street..but make sure they come to the show.
  • My chk/raise #'s on pokertracker is 1% exactly

Whats your cbet%? You'll win a bigger pot, when he puts in the second bet instead of the first.
    It's a little monsters-under-the-bed to immediately put your HU opponent on AK

FYP. It's not MUBS if you put your opponent on a hand that you beat.
  • rethinking..edit forthcoming

rethought: though I'm sticking with my intial idea that it IS a little MUBS to place your HU opponent lurking with the best combination of cards to outdraw you and lose your mind and pot to rid the evil that the nasty-nasty flush draw seems to be to everyone.

Flush draws are great..they're easy to suck your opponent in with and even easier to not pay off.

as an aside, in discussing this hand with someone off the forum..I decided that the only hand I *might* check-raise this flop with in Cadillac's position is the nut flush draw. Thoughts?
    rethought: though I'm sticking with my intial idea that it IS a little MUBS to place your HU opponent lurking with the best combination of cards to outdraw you and lose your mind and pot to rid the evil that the nasty-nasty flush draw seems to be to everyone.

Flush draws are great..they're easy to suck your opponent in with and even easier to not pay off.

as an aside, in discussing this hand with someone off the forum..I decided that the only hand I *might* check-raise this flop with in Cadillac's position is the nut flush draw. Thoughts?

Again, not trying to chase him away. I feel he will call a 1/2 pot up to and including a full pot bet while behind so for this reason I want him to make the bigger mistake.

I agree, a check/raise with the nuts in this position would be bad but with the nut flush draw makes more sense.

I have been thinking about the exact thing. Though, with the texture of the flop in this thread, I'm not sure what hand I want to run the risk for a check-raise. Another downside to the check-raise here is that you are taking a chance of giving a free card. If I decide I looking to get the stacks in the middle on the flop a check-raise here could work wonders (as it did).

All said and done, regardless of your flavour, a strong c-bet is the right play here. IMO, it just leaves you with more options.
  • I was speaking hypothetically, giving Cadillac the nut flush draw. Based on there actual holdings leading out is better for the reasons prev. stated.
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    Whats your cbet%? You'll win a bigger pot, when he puts in the second bet instead of the first.

67%

good, bad, indifferent?
  • 67%

good, bad, indifferent?

Whenever I try and think about how I should play a hand, I try and put myself into the villians shoes given that he's got some random hand and only knows you as a player based on your betting lines.

Therefore, in your case, looking for a call/raise, I'd cbet it again... Give him the opportunity to make the mistake by playing back at you..

EDIT: I have no idea what a proper % is. If you figure that you flop a pair 40% or so it seems good to me.
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    Whenever I try and think about how I should play a hand, I try and put myself into the villians shoes given that he's got some random hand and only knows you as a player based on your betting lines.

Therefore, in your case, looking for a call/raise, I'd cbet it again... Give him the opportunity to make the mistake by playing back at you..

EDIT: I have no idea what a proper % is. If you figure that you flop a pair 40% or so it seems good to me.

Yeah I hear ya. C-bet the flop. Cheers!

Note: You are a bit over 3-1 to flop a pair.
  • Whoa whoa whoa...

I"m pretty sure that there's no chance in hell you're 75% to hit a pair...

And I'm relatively sure I read a number closer to BBC's that you're like like 37% to hit a pair...

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Whoa whoa whoa...

I"m pretty sure that there's no chance in hell you're 75% to hit a pair...

And I'm relatively sure I read a number closer to BBC's that you're like like 37% to hit a pair...

Mark

its like 31%!!!11!!11

3-1 odds!!11111!! LOL
  • You worded it as if you were 3:1 TO hit...

Either that or my monkey mind is still sleepy

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Either that or my monkey mind is still sleepy

For $50 I'll lay you 10-1 on that!