Are using odds calculators considered cheating??

Hello, I am a newbie to playing online poker and I use an odds calculator. My friend who also plays online thinks that I am cheating by using one. I don’t consider it cheating. I know that there are tons of these calculators out there and my opinion is that they help newbies (like me) understand odds and help make decisions. Maybe there are some odds calculators out there that tell you what to play by seeing other players hands or something. But I downloaded a free one (and this is the only one I’ve tried so far) from pokerwingman.com and it merely provides calculated suggestions of when I should bet or fold and it is still up to me to evaluate the situation and decide whether to listen to it or not. I wanted to know if anyone else considers odds calculators as cheating or if they provide an unfair advantage? Or if anyone else uses them and finds them useful?

Comments

• If you want to use an odds calculator that's fine by me, if you can't calculate it by your self I want to play you odds calculator or not.
  • OMFG CADILLAC! I laughed so hard at that.
  • lol i'm in as well ;)
  • All fun aside. To the OP, learn to use your brain in making these calculations. It will force you to think at first (we all hate that), but in a short while it becomes automatic.