The action is:

[on the flop]
Player A: checks
Player B: $17
Player C: Calls
Player A: raises to $70
Player B: Goes all in for $83 total

Can Player C: raise?

{if anyone is interested I'll let you know what the ruling at the club was later..don't want to taint the replies}

Comments

• Player C can raise because the action was already opened by Player A raising to $70.

/g2
  • g2 wrote: »
    Player C can raise because the action was already opened by Player A raising to $70.

/g2

Yup.
    Sounds like the outcome is not going to be favourable tho..
  • I agree that player C should be able to raise. The situation I have seen more often is player C calling the $83 all-in and Player A then feeling that he is entitled to re-raise.
  • Ignore Player B's All-In (as it is short and therefore NOT a raise!). Then the action would look like this:
    [on the flop]
    Player B: FOLDS {Let's just assume, that way you can ignore the All In}

Could Player C raise now? OF COURSE!!!
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    The action is:

[on the flop]
    Player B: Goes all in for $83 total

Can Player C: raise?

{if anyone is interested I'll let you know what the ruling at the club was later..don't want to taint the replies}

If Player C acted before player B and just called player A's raise, thats when action is capped on player B's allin.

In this case player C can definately raise.
  • Ok....so we've decided player "c" can raise.....what would be the minimum raise he/she can make? The original raise was $53....can c make it $123 straight? or does he have to raise $53 above the $83....(or would the 83 be a non factor)?
  • 800OVER wrote: »
    Ok....so we've decided player "c" can raise.....what would be the minimum raise he/she can make? The original raise was $53....can c make it $123 straight? or does he have to raise $53 above the $83....(or would the 83 be a non factor)?
    The minimum raise is always what the last raise was. And the current bet is $83, so the minimum raise would be to $83+$53 = $136.

/g2
  • I was player c: and I was surprised to find that three of the players and the dealer were certain I could NOT raise.

I called floor, who eventually ruled in my favour..but with so many certain that it was the wrong ruling I wanted to check here.
    The minimum raise is always what the last raise was. And the current bet is $83, so the minimum raise would be to $83+$53 = $136.
    But Player B's all-in is NOT a valid raise, so the current Raise (and therefore the minimum) should only be $53 to $123.
  • beanie42 wrote: »
    But Player B's all-in is NOT a valid raise, so the current Raise (and therefore the minimum) should only be $53 to $123.

Exactly what I was wondering......
    My vote that the minimum valid raise would be 83-17 = 66 or to 83 + 66 = 149 total, since that's the raised amount coming into player C's action. However what do I know...
  • The action is a bet of $17. A call. A raise of $53 to $70. IGNORE THE SHORT ALL-IN!! The next minimum raise is by $53 to $123.
    beanie, is this the Robert's Rules interpretation? If so.... I really really suck at sticking to RR.

/g2
    beanie, is this the Robert's Rules interpretation? If so.... I really really suck at sticking to RR.
    Nope, just what made sense. Going back to Robert's, your answer ($53 on the $83 to $136) is correct.
    At all other times, when someone goes all-in for less than the minimum bet, a player has the option of just calling the all-in amount. If a player goes all-in for an amount that is less than the minimum bet, a player who wishes to raise must raise at least the amount of the minimum bet. For example, if the minimum bet is $100, and a player goes all-in on the flop for $20, a player may fold, call $20, or raise to at least a total of $120.
    Nope, just what made sense. Going back to Robert's, your answer ($53 on the $83 to $136) is correct.
    Woohoo I don't totally suck at TD'ing RR.

/g2