This cash game hand

Full Tilt Poker Game #2893116676: Table Bright Angel - $0.10/$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:41:36 ET - 2007/07/09
Seat 1: ll Villain ll ($24.65)
Seat 2: bole200 ($6.40)
Seat 3: splibber ($26.50)
Seat 4: Kasshe ($30.30)
Seat 5: hppyplace ($20)
Seat 6: tylor_dii ($38.85)
Seat 7: Darcouth ($30.10)
Seat 8: allyasia ($28.25)
Seat 9: CuppedUP ($19.65)
bole200 posts the small blind of $0.10
splibber posts the big blind of $0.25
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to allyasia [Tc Th]
Kasshe folds
tylor_dii folds
Darcouth folds
allyasia raises to $0.85
CuppedUP folds
ll Villain ll has 15 seconds left to act
ll Villain ll calls $0.85
bole200 raises to $6.40, and is all in
splibber folds
allyasia has 15 seconds left to act
allyasia folds i figure i am at best colin flip dealing with AK, or at worse
he has PP bigger then my.
bole200 stat vpip 30.6 pfr 18.4 agressive level 2.33
he has never done preflop all-in.
For tournment, i would call this in a heart beat, but for cash, do you gamble with pair TT or do you wait for better spot?
ll Villain ll folds
Uncalled bet of $5.55 returned to bole200
bole200 mucks
bole200 wins the pot ($2.80)
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $2.80 | Rake $0
Seat 1: ll Villain ll (button) folded before the Flop
Seat 2: bole200 (small blind) collected ($2.80), mucked
Seat 3: splibber (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 4: Kasshe didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: hppyplace is sitting out
Seat 6: tylor_dii didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: Darcouth didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: allyasia folded before the Flop
Seat 9: CuppedUP didn't bet (folded)

Comments

• A few thoughts...

early mid position with tens i may prefer limping. Reason being you will either win a small pot (the blinds), or be called and have a tough decision on any flop with ace/face.

sure a raise gets more money in the pot but at these levels if someone catches you will get a set paid off.

Both options disguise your hand but the limp saves you more money when you miss your sets or get reraised and decide to fold (as you did here).

Also for what its worth, i am probably more likely to fold this in a tourney than i am in a cash game... And i would have called here too. He only has six bucks, and most people wouldnt bet so much with QQ»AA, maybe with JJ if they are afraid of seeing a flop (wussy!). I just dont see a hand that you are worse than 55% to win here.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    A few thoughts...

early mid position with tens i may prefer limping. Reason being you will either win a small pot (the blinds), or be called and have a tough decision on any flop with ace/face.

sure a raise gets more money in the pot but at these levels if someone catches you will get a set paid off.

Both options disguise your hand but the limp saves you more money when you miss your sets or get reraised and decide to fold (as you did here).

Also for what its worth, i am probably more likely to fold this in a tourney than i am in a cash game... And i would have called here too. He only has six bucks, and most people wouldnt bet so much with QQ»AA, maybe with JJ if they are afraid of seeing a flop (wussy!). I just dont see a hand that you are worse than 55% to win here.

Mark
    hehe, maybe that is why i doing so poorly in tournment now.
    the TENS....
    thanks for the input, still learning cash games.
  • agrees with DrTyore...I'll just limp with TT