Poker In Canada

Just finished clearing my deposit bonus and awaiting transfer of some funds back to Moneybookers.

Final Tally:

23 Days Mostly $25NL (some $50NL where I was up and some $100NL where I was down)
3659 hands

$100 deposit
$297 earnings – Roughly works to 17PTbb/100
$100 bonus

$397 profit

This is definitely a beatable game here. Most players on this site do not have a clue and are easily exploitable. Very few tables running as a rule and almost always full ring. I always would open a 6 max table and sometimes get some action there.

Here are some of my must-do’s in this game.

Give the Shorties Enough Rope

There are a ton of short stackers in this game. I ran into this situation more times than I can count:

I raise pre-flop in EP with AK or a big pair and get called by a short stack on the button and one of the blinds.

The flop comes down pretty dry, say 942 rainbow. Blind Checks, I check, and short stack pushes $4 into and $3 pot nearly everytime. Blind folds. I would call here everytime and get shown AQ, AJ, A10, KQ, KJ repeatedly. The shortie always takes your check to mean weakness and tries to scoop the pot. Give him a chance to go for it.

Let the flush chasers bluff the river

Make notes on the “play any 2 sooooted” players. There are a ton! These guys will literally throw their stack at you if you give them a chance. This line was very typical against this type of guy:

I raise from LP and get a call behind me on the button. Flop top pair on a flush draw board, pot it and get a quick call. Turn bricks and I bet 2/3 pot and another quick call. River blanks again and I check. Villian shoves the remainder of his stack and I call and to get shown a missed flush draw. The big money on this hand comes in his river bluff. Give him a chance to bluff at it.

Set Mining = Poo against short stacks

If a shorty with 25BB’s raises to 4BB and you have 66 raise or fold if you are going to play this hand. You can’t win enough off this guy even when you stack him to make this play profitable over the long run. Always watch the stack sizes on every hand every time. This is sooooo important.

You don’t need to be tricky to beat this game

Everyone wants to slow-play big hands in these games and raise their crap ones. You should play the opposite. When you value bet your made hands over and over the donkeys quit believing you and compulsively feel the need to look you up with TPNK or even middle pair. You will get called way more than you should so get your money in the middle.

Don't run off the terrible players

This should go with out saying but this site was horrible with it. One time I sat to the left of a total maniac fish. He ran real good, hit everything and was up like 5 buy-ins in 20 minutes. I get it in with him, double up and start to salivate thinking I am now in position to get the rest of his stack but the entire table starts to berate the guy. He leaves.

Five minutes later he is sitting at $100NL and stacks 2 guys in the first orbit. I follow and get the seat on his left again. By the time my blinds get there he has nearly $400 in front. He calls a 4 bet push pre-flop with 9-4 offsuit and gets there against KK. The table goes nuts and runs him off. This is total bull-shit!!!!

If you take anything away from this post it is right here ^^^^^^^

Don't ever do this!!!!
Don't ever do this!!!!
Don't ever do this!!!!

Now on the look out for a new site to bonus whore. What is the best site for clearing a 100% first deposit bonus quickly and that also has good traffic.

Comments

• Might as well do the bonus + rakeback on action poker if you like that network so much.
  • cadillac wrote: »

Don't run off the terrible players

This should go with out saying but this site was horrible with it. One time I sat to the left of a total maniac fish. He ran real good, hit everything and was up like 5 buy-ins in 20 minutes. I get it in with him, double up and start to salivate thinking I am now in position to get the rest of his stack but the entire table starts to berate the guy. He leaves.

Five minutes later he is sitting at $100NL and stacks 2 guys in the first orbit. I follow and get the seat on his left again. By the time my blinds get there he has nearly $400 in front. He calls a 4 bet push pre-flop with 9-4 offsuit and gets there against KK. The table goes nuts and runs him off. This is total bull-shit!!!!

If you take anything away from this post it is right here ^^^^^^^

Don't ever do this!!!!
    Don't ever do this!!!!
    Don't ever do this!!!!

Cadillac,

Fabulous Post of the Year.

It's really nice to see someone posting some content here.

I might add that it's good to defend bad play at your table.

"94 off suit is my favorite hand. I always play it like that too!"

"You over committed with KK, that's why you lost"

Not only does this make you look like a moron (a good thing) , it also diffuses the heat from the bad player, and makes the fish feel better.
  • The shortie always takes your check to mean weakness and tries to scoop the pot. Give him a chance to go for it.

Well, some people might assume that an UI AK IS a weak hand...but I know what you mean (it's the nuts vs the right opponent).

I've recently found new and donktastic ways of playing aces too (I'm not joking, since I honestly don't know whether the benefits of "inducing bluffs" with an UI ace has much merit), simply because sometimes the idiots that think they're "bluffing" are actually value betting.

I won't hijack the thread further, as I could start a whole new thread on how to play UI aces like a LPLL fish (only vs. compulsive bluffers). :)