True Poker- soft no limit tables

A couple of nights ago I decided to give True Poker a try. I was mainly interested due to their payment option of usemybank.com, which allows you to connect to your canadian bank, and transfer funds immeadiately.
Anyways, the exiting part is that in less than 6 hours at the table, I turned $50 into over $460 playing mostly at the $50 not limit tables. I know its not an big win by most of you guys' standards, however Im pretty happy.

The downside is game selection/tourneys/#of players/speed of game. However if you can deal with that, you may reap the rewards of some pretty soft tables.

I know most poster on this site are huge Stars fans, but I just wanted to hear other players opinions about True Poker.

Cheers,

Irah, Islander99

Comments

• True Poker is where I cut my poker teeth.There is no question that it has the very best software and most realistic poker experience and simply the most all around classiest design top to bottom.The cons usually sited is that the site is slow,lacks players and is tight.For the first objection it is tough to argue with:more realism=more realistic time.But they have remedied this somewhat.Although it does not have the traffic of other sites like Party etc it is still decent and you can usually find a good game in the mid limit low levels (1/2--3/6) to suit your needs.As too the quality of games I found the games usually had a preflop % around 40+:not bad and around standard.Unfortunately I can't comment too much on the NL games as I play Limit almost exclusively but I find what you say sounds true to form.What I find perplexing is why anyone (this forum included ) would want to play tourneys anywhere else but True Poker.It just can't be beat.I would love it if this forum used that site for private tourneys and assume the reason Stars is used is because of convenience of tradition.I am glad you brought up this neglected site. :)
  • to give an idea of how soft the no-limit tables are, here is a hand report.

I am Islander99

Game Started on Fri Sep 10, 2004 @ 14:25
    Treasure - Holdem - NL 50 - Real Money - Hand #48062483

**Hand #48062483 begins**
    niderf receives the dealer button
    Purrfecldy posts small blind 1
    7marianfeld posts big blind 1
    Smlong sits out
    Smlong sits out
    DIABLO3 posts 1
    You are dealt[Kd,Kh]
    Awhite6161 calls 1
    Sweet raises 5
    Islander99 raises 15
    DIABLO3 folds
    whiskeyd folds
    niderf folds
    Purrfecldy folds
    7marianfeld folds
    Awhite6161 folds
    Sweet calls 10
    Flop is dealt [Jc,5c,4h]
    Sweet checks
    Islander99 bets 19
    Sweet calls 19
    Turn is dealt [Qs]
    Sweet checks
    Islander99 goes all in 0
    Islander99 bets 33
    Sweet goes all in 0
    Sweet calls 24
    River is dealt [4c]
    Islander99 shows two pairs Kings and Fours
    Islander99's pocket cards were [Kd,Kh]
    Sweet shows two pairs Tens and Fours
    Sweet's pocket cards were [Th,Td]

Islander99 wins $117 real money from main pot

This type of play happens all the time. You can basically wait for very strong hands, and bet the heck out of them.