AQo 6-max OOP

Any thoughts on this? Specifically the flop...

BB is laggy maniac (moreso postflop) 54/30/3.2. Button is semi loose, not overly aggressive 33/15/1.8. UTG+1 is LAG preflop, LP fish postflop 61/49/0.8.

POKERSTARS GAME #10275137519: HOLD'EM LIMIT ($3/$6) - 2007/06/04 - 21:41:03 (ET)
Table 'Arneb' 6-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: lima1206 ($191 in chips)
Seat 2: TooMuchRake ($225 in chips)
Seat 3: SEND_IT_DOWN ($103 in chips)
Seat 4: ScoobyD ($198 in chips)
Seat 5: basdor ($186.50 in chips)
Seat 6: IThrowCash ($112 in chips)
ScoobyD: posts small blind $1
basdor: posts big blind $3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ScoobyD [Ac Qh]
IThrowCash: folds
lima1206: raises $3 to $6
TooMuchRake: folds
SEND_IT_DOWN: calls $6
ScoobyD: raises $3 to $9
basdor: raises $3 to $12
Betting is capped
lima1206: calls $6
SEND_IT_DOWN: calls $6
ScoobyD: calls $3
*** FLOP *** [Ad 5c Kd]
ScoobyD: ?

Comments

• Bet

I think you're good here with the reads you have. Anyone with AK or KK is going to raise behind you, and you'll know where you are. Also, you don't want to give free cards here for the flush draw on the board, so if someone did hit their set, they will raise and help push them out.

Nothing but callers, I lead out on the turn again. If I get raised, I'll call and check the turn.
  • Blargh. Too much math.

ScoobyD makes a very easy check as first to act on the flop.

I have this line of calling the flop and raising the turn my head. It depends if UTG+whatever comes along or not. I think raising the flop is a good way to get any hands you beat to fold and lose the most to the hands that call.

Villian's likeliest hand is 99-QQ but aggression early will make him fold. (ie he'll call the flop and fold to your turn donk).
    I think you're good here with the reads you have. Anyone with AK or KK is going to raise behind you, and you'll know where you are.

No you won't because flush draws will likely be aggressive.
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    No you won't because flush draws will likely be aggressive.

Especially 6 handed, sure.

But you're ahead now, and if anyone caught a piece of that flop, they're already coming for the ride, and you have zero information. A flop bet here will give you a better picture for half price than a full bet on the turn.
  • I check the flop and see what the other players do. For sure some one is going to bet it and I'm hoping that every one will call.

Then on the turn I check again let some one do the betting (hopefully the player acting after you) and then see about putting the raise in.

Then I would bet out on the river.

This all depends on the next few cards.
  • Villian's likeliest hand is 99-QQ but aggression early will make him fold.

The BB? My read is that he's spazzy aggro post flop and I'm inclined to think he may be tilting as well. I don't know exactly what his range is for cold-capping, but I'm inclined to think it's pretty wide.
  • I have this line of calling the flop and raising the turn my head.

You mean check-raise the turn (depending how ugly) or just check-calling flop with the intention of donking the turn? Yes, being OOP sucks.
  • bet, you have your reads and i think they'll be favourable in the end.. just use some simple math and your set
  • bet, you have your reads and i think they'll be favourable in the end.. just use some simple math and your set

.......................!
  • The line that went through my head when I read your post was check-raise the turn and I also admit that I didn't thoroughly read your assessment of the players.
  • I"m pretty tired and I forget how to play min-bet but leading and hoping the BB raises to make the other guys call 2 cold sounds pretty awesome.
  • I"m pretty tired and I forget how to play min-bet but leading and hoping the BB raises to make the other guys call 2 cold sounds pretty awesome.

Well that was my thinking as well. I was just curious if anyone would have played the flop differently (and why). I figured my best chance to force the rest of the field with calling 2 cold would be to lead out...

*** FLOP *** [Ad 5c Kd]
    ScoobyD: bets $3
    basdor: calls $3
    lima1206: calls $3
    SEND_IT_DOWN: calls $3
    *** TURN *** [Ad 5c Kd] [Ts]
    ScoobyD: bets $6
    basdor: raises $6 to $12
    lima1206: folds
    SEND_IT_DOWN: raises $6 to $18
    ScoobyD: folds
    basdor: calls $6
    *** RIVER *** [Ad 5c Kd Ts] [4c]
    basdor: checks
    SEND_IT_DOWN: bets $6
    basdor: calls $6

I figure the turn is pretty standard since the 3 bettor was generally pretty passive post-flop and I wasn't closing the action either...
  • Scoob, I'm playing this the exact same way. 6max you hammer every opportunity until you know you are beat. You have only top pr with a good kicker, no need to get cute at all. I don't think there is any line here that gives you more info than what you got.