Saturday Night Main Event

Just got done watching the first match which featured "The Great Khale" Honestly is there any UFC guy who could take this 7 foot 420 pound giant? I don't think so, if this guy gets a hold of you and he is allowed to hit you for real, look out.

Comments

• Just got done watching the first match which featured "The Great Khale" Honestly is there any UFC guy who could take this 7 foot 420 pound giant? I don't think so, if this guy gets a hold of you and he is allowed to hit you for real, look out.

I think the BIG SHOW can take this guy on.
    Where the heck is that buffet wrecking machine?
  • Where the heck is that buffet wrecking machine?

Show retired.
  • There are many good MMA fighters who'd take him. In PrideFC (at 1 time, the world's biggest/most popular MMA org) there've been many freakshow bouts. Giant Silva was a Brazilian olympic basketball player over 7 ft & about 400 lbs, with a very similar build to Khali.

Compared to a MMA athlete, he was too slow & usually got taken down & subbed or pounded out. Anytime people see a abnormally huge guy, they assume that guy could beat anyone. Past a certain pt, size becomes a disadvantage. Against highly trained MMA fighters, they'd lose 95 times out of 100.

Goldberg was like 70 lbs heavier than Jericho, but Jericho knows more 'real fighting'. They got into a real backstage fight, & Jericho won. You can't just assume being big means you'll beat anyone, you gotta know how to fight. I'd take a premier LW fighter over any bodybuilder in a fight.
  • In MMA, it's routine to see 2 guys weighing the same, but 1 guy much more muscular yet still lose. Media has made us think that muscles equal strength, but many muscular guys may have lots of 'gym strength' but not as much functional strength. Also, technique is much more important than muscles IMO.

You can take a muscular guy who can lift more weights & have bigger arms, put him in a ring/cage w/ a trained fighter who weighs almost as much, & the fighter would almost certainly overpower him &/or overwhelm him w/ strikes.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/picture_gallery.asp?pic_id=4350&f_id=1500&my_page=

That guy is widely considered the #1 fighter despite not fighting in the UFC yet (he fought in Pride when it was the #1 org, UFC is trying but he's getting a huge offer from BoDog). He's kinda big at 225 lbs but there are many much bigger guys, & certainly more muscular (he has belly fat).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ6qbJCgHWE
    Fedor's 'fat' younger bro beating a much more muscular guy
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    Show retired.
    well that shows you how often I watch wrasslin' :D