I hope someone took a long desert nap over this design.. (WSOP Cards)

The new card used for the WSOP

The 6 and the 9 are 'backwards' and they made the actual suits microscopic.

I hope someone got canned for making poker cards that are so terrible.

Comments

• Those are brutal.
    Impossible to get a quick look at your cards by just lifting the corners.
  • They were really bad, fortunately they got normal KEMs in after the 2nd break or so. It's unbelievable how good Harrah's is at screwing everything up at the WSOP. A few of the dealers I had yesterday were completely inept, I'm sure that will be a big story this year as well.
  • I can't believe how horrible the design is. It's hard enough seeing the suit, number or letter from the outer seats of long 11-seat tables, WSOP players will now need to bring binoculars just to read the board! Some players will resort to counting out the tiny symbols in the centre of a card every hand or asking the dealer what the suit of a card is. Millions of dollars will be lost by WSOP players who misread the new cards, or give off extra tells.

So, what's the best place to get laser eye surgery? ;)
  • Holy cow that is the worst thing they could have done for this years WSOP events! It kinda makes me glad I can't go this year! I mean look at those things! I am sure that in time you will hear a lot more about this... and it will all pretty much be negative.

Oh well I can only hope they change them for when I am there next year!
  • Already been done!! They brought in standard Kem's after the first couple of events, much to the delight of the players.
  • Well thank god. I mean how could they think that those were gonna work? I mean really! Oh well I guess in about ten years they may have all the kinks worked out by then... well we can only hope!
  • Already been done!! They brought in standard Kem's after the first couple of events, much to the delight of the players.

From what I've read, the are still in use at some tables. They don't have enough good decks to go around yet.
  • No strange coincidence that in Friday's USAToday they were advertising that for the first time, you will be able to buy used WSOP cards after the event is over.