6 max Blind vs Blind

I don't like this hand much. But I'm not sure where I play it differently. BB defends enough, TAGish, but a bit of a spazzy defender. (26/21/2.0)

POKERSTARS GAME #10173604930: HOLD'EM LIMIT ($3/$6) - 2007/05/29 - 20:57:30 (ET)
Table 'Platzeck' 6-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: ScoobyD ($351 in chips)
Seat 2: luapmox ($197.50 in chips)
Seat 3: jake002 ($129 in chips)
Seat 4: SpecFlop ($212 in chips)
Seat 5: DixieChild ($117 in chips)
Seat 6: ChromeMgm ($169 in chips)
ScoobyD: posts small blind $1
luapmox: posts big blind $3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ScoobyD [Kd 4d]
jake002: folds
SpecFlop: folds
DixieChild: folds
ChromeMgm: folds
ScoobyD: raises $3 to $6
luapmox: calls $3
*** FLOP *** [Ks Jd 9c]
ScoobyD: bets $3
luapmox: raises $3 to $6
ScoobyD: calls $3
*** TURN *** [Ks Jd 9c] [3c]
ScoobyD: checks
luapmox: bets $6
ScoobyD: calls $6
*** RIVER *** [Ks Jd 9c 3c] [Ad]
ScoobyD: checks
luapmox: checks

My original intent was to check-call turn and donk most brick rivers, but then like a pansy I froze when the A hit.

I can see arguments for donking or CRing turn as well.

Thoughts?

Comments

• I generally boycott minbet holdem hands now but since I'm playing the mixed holdem event on Friday I should probably respond for once. I think you should 3-bet the flop sometimes and donk turn and call down seems fine too. I also like your plan of donking the river here, I think the ace is probably a pretty safe card actually since he didn't 3-bet preflop and it's unlikely he's going to make a stand with Ax on that flop. So donk away as played it's getting called light because it's looks like you're just trying to rep a scare card.
  • SirWatts wrote: »
    I generally boycott minbet holdem hands now but since I'm playing the mixed holdem event on Friday I should probably respond for once. I think you should 3-bet the flop sometimes and donk turn and call down seems fine too. I also like your plan of donking the river here, I think the ace is probably a pretty safe card actually since he didn't 3-bet preflop and it's unlikely he's going to make a stand with Ax on that flop. So donk away as played it's getting called light because it's looks like you're just trying to rep a scare card.

lol i agree, good play
  • I think you should 3-bet the flop sometimes and donk turn and call down seems fine too.

Ya. The flop 3 bet I actually think I don't use often enough. Too often I figure I want to minimize losses if behind and let bluffs from aggro opponents run with underpairs, but since so many defenders are apt to be showdown bound with UI aces and small pairs anyways, I figure sometimes I should probably just go ahead and 3-bet it.
    I think the ace is probably a pretty safe card actually since he didn't 3-bet preflop and it's unlikely he's going to make a stand with Ax on that flop.

This of course makes a lot of since since most non-baby aces are 3 betting preflop. I think the river was a pretty clear bet in hindsight.
  • ScoobyD: raises $3 to $6
    luapmox: calls $3
    *** FLOP *** [Ks Jd 9c]
    ScoobyD: bets $3
    luapmox: raises $3 to $6

thats a confusing sign, i would of got away from it asap