Fallsview Action

Hey,

First post here... Looks like fun

I just got back from Niagara falls over the weekend, and let me say that is one of the busiest Sunday nights I’ve ever seen! were talkin crawling through hordes of people to get to the bathroom! Honestly, why do they have to put the dance bar right next to the poker room?

When I called in for a table, they guy was like 'good luck man, the list is like 4 hours', so I signed up for 2-5 and 5-5 as well. I ended up getting a 2-5 $200 max table pretty quickly. I played for about 7 hours and was even due to my AA v.s. 10 J on Q 10 2 board all in on flop, but I'm not here to tell bad beats, so that’s it about that.

Anyhoo, a few things during my trip I thought were worth discussing.

First was this guy's amazing rush. I've played a lot of live poker, but never seen a series of hands like these. First, was my hand I raise to 20 EP with AA, he calls from big blind with 10Jo. Flop is Q 10 3, he has 75 left in stack. I bet 60 on flop, he check-raises his last 10 bucks. Turn 8 river 9 so he scoops and is up to about 200.

Next hand he get’s AA, and raises. Some random guy calls with QJ, and flop is Q Q 3, AA pushes guy all in. Turn 4 river A. Player to my right mutters. Holy *monkey*, I folded an A. Hero is up to 400(ish)

Next hand hero has QQ in BB. Hero raises to 30 (While he continues to stack his chips from last win) and player in MP goes to 100 cold. Folds around to hero, who immediately shouts “all in”. MP player has hero covered, and calls. Hero’s QQ v.s. AA of MP player. Flop rag rag rag, turn Q. Here is over $800. I can honestly say I’ve never seen a player 5 out, 1 out, and 2 out on back-to-back-to-back hands.

Second thing I’d like to discuss is buy in amounts and dealer’s knowledge. I was at a 2-5 table and a new player sat down with what looked like 30 bucks, a bunch of 1’s and 4 or 5 nickels. So player beside her said ‘you need more than that to play here’ and the dealer was like ‘yeah’ but she had NO idea how much more. First she said 100, then 50, and the girl just left and came back with $20 more and that was that. So the next dealer came in, and I inquired to him the buy in, and he told me $80 min, $200 max. How can dealers not know the fundamental buy in information? I just don’t understand at a large poker room like Fallsview.

Thanks for reading, looking forward to replies

Howie
howie at pokerbonushelp.com
http://www.pokerbonushelp.com

Comments

• 10 x the BB is the minimum buy-in

ie. 2/5 = $50
  • djalikool wrote: »
    10 x the BB is the minimum buy-in

ie. 2/5 = $50

So, by that reasoning, the buyin for 5/5 is also $50 ?!?!?
  • 13CARDS wrote: »
    So, by that reasoning, the buyin for 5/5 is also $50 ?!?!?

According to a SUP at the room,

1-2 NL is 40 and 100
    2-5 NL is 80 and 200
    5-5 NL is 100 and 500
    5-10 NL is 200 1000
  • 1/2 40-100
    2/5 60-200
    5/5 100-500
    5/10 200-1000
    10/20 500-3000
    10/25 750-5000
    25-50 1000-10000
    50-100 2000-No cap

This will probably open up some discussion as to the number of units per buy-in on the lower limit games, I'll explain some of the reasoning. The 1/2 and the 2/5 have low buy-ins in order to protect the lower limit players, I believe very strongly in this principle in order to develop players. We have seen our 5/5 and 5/10 games grow dramatically over the last year from the lower limit players stepping up in games, while our lower limit games have shown a steady influx of new faces. If you can't beat our 5/5 games at Fallsview, you need to take a serious look at your game, there is a lot of money to be made there.
  • Fallsview wrote: »
    If you can't beat our 5/5 games at Fallsview, you need to take a serious look at your game, there is a lot of money to be made there.

That's for d@mn sure. I watched two players blow through about 2 grand a piece in a 2 hour session. Players sit down with stacks of hundreds piled behind their chips just waiting to have to cash them in. :P Just wish I could afford to be a regular at that table. A guy could make a living swimming in those waters. :D
  • CanadaDave wrote: »
    A guy could make a living swimming in those waters. :D

And plenty do!
  • I thought standard min max buy in was 20 to 100 BB
  • Some places use the 20-100 for buy-ins, we tightened the spread on the low limits and loosened it on the high limits for reasons described above.
  • Any news on your multi table tournaments? I know you have the single table, but was just wondering the status of the multi?
  • Still waiting....I'm hoping to run the MTT's Mon-Thurs along with the lower limit satellites. The MTT's are $60, $60, $120, and $200 buy-in - 50 people max.

If I receive approval that is....