Record Brakeing Sunday Million

10894 PLAYERS STARTED 2619 got paid im still in hollywoods17 and i think sirwatts is still in it also who else is in it from this forum lets take it down .

Comments

• I don't think they paid enough people... this payout structure is awful.
  • PokerStars Tournament #50186235, No Limit Hold'em
    Buy-In: $200.00/$15.00
    10894 players
    $250000.00 added to the prize pool by PokerStars.com
    Total Prize Pool: $2428800.00
    Tournament started - 2007/05/20 - 16:30:00 (ET)

Dear HollyWoods17,

You finished the tournament in 579th place.
    A $728.64 award has been credited to your Real Money account

I busted out of the turny with pockets aces to k 5 hearts he hits flush brutal good luck to sirwatts he was still in when i busted.
  • For some reason, I find myself sitting in a chicago hotel room watching 6 tables when the following hand comes up. I've been watching for about 20 minutes and schulle seems like a guy who splashes his chips around the lot. Lots of 2million chip pushes to EP raises etc.

Now, the rail went insane berating schulle for his horrible play. If you watch the way the hand plays out, I think he actually played it very well.

Heres the way I see it. schulle opens for a minraise to 200K Very suspecious considering he's been hammering the table with overbets. JC311 raises 3x the last bet.

Schulle can either re-raise all in, call or fold.

LC has shown a lot of strength pre-flop by raising, so pushing here doesn't feel very good. He could fold and just give up. He decides to call. I love it. It makes schulle look like he's got a massive hand and wants action. Again, his regular play would be to push (usually when someone else opens the pot). So LC has to be scratching his head about what schulle could be holding here being so passive.

The flop comes ace high, he checks to LC who continuation bets 750K.

Now, pre-flop schulle has shown a ton of strength by mixing up his game on this hand. The flop comes ace high, and he's playing like he's got an ace... maybe even two.

He pushes and gets called by what I consider to be the lowest hand that LC could have to make that call. AK, AQ maybe down to AJ or AT.. he gets all other hands to fold in a very large pot.

Any one else agree/disagree?

PokerStars Game #10024776536: Tournament #50186235, $200+$15 Hold'em No Limit - Level XXVII (50000/100000) - 2007/05/20 - 23:52:44 (ET)
    Table '50186235 302' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
    Seat 1: stelladora (3693281 in chips)
    Seat 2: LC311 (2710540 in chips)
    Seat 3: tripschaos (644240 in chips)
    Seat 4: jeffbeesdat (2010864 in chips)
    Seat 5: mamarof93 (3268400 in chips)
    Seat 7: schulle1 (2966334 in chips)
    Seat 8: Chris Sob (97662 in chips)
    Seat 9: RunThisTable (1117476 in chips)
    stelladora: posts the ante 5000
    LC311: posts the ante 5000
    tripschaos: posts the ante 5000
    jeffbeesdat: posts the ante 5000
    mamarof93: posts the ante 5000
    schulle1: posts the ante 5000
    Chris Sob: posts the ante 5000
    RunThisTable: posts the ante 5000
    tripschaos: posts small blind 50000
    jeffbeesdat: posts big blind 100000
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    mamarof93: folds
    schulle1: raises 100000 to 200000
    Chris Sob: folds
    RunThisTable: folds
    stelladora: folds
    LC311: raises 455001 to 655001
    tripschaos: folds
    jeffbeesdat: folds
    schulle1: calls 455001
    *** FLOP *** [Ah 3c 9s]
    schulle1: checks
    LC311: bets 750000
    schulle1: raises 1556333 to 2306333 and is all-in
    LC311: calls 1300539 and is all-in
    *** TURN *** [Ah 3c 9s] [9h]
    *** RIVER *** [Ah 3c 9s 9h] [6h]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    schulle1: shows [2h Kh] (a flush, Ace high)
    LC311: shows [Ad Kc] (two pair, Aces and Nines)
    schulle1 collected 5601080 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 5601080 | Rake 0
    Board [Ah 3c 9s 9h 6h]
    Seat 1: stelladora folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 2: LC311 (button) showed [Ad Kc] and lost with two pair, Aces and Nines
    Seat 3: tripschaos (small blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 4: jeffbeesdat (big blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 5: mamarof93 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 7: schulle1 showed [2h Kh] and won (5601080) with a flush, Ace high
    Seat 8: Chris Sob folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 9: RunThisTable folded before Flop (didn't bet)
  • Conceptually I like the thinking behind the play he makes there, however with an ace on the board it really increases the chances that he is facing a hand that will call the play, particularly if a continuation bet is made.

I do believe he gets any non trips pair to fold, and I wonder if that is how the other player would play a very weak ace preflop like A8 suited, my gut feeling is not really.

This feels like a variation of the in position delayed bluff by calling a bet on flop and raising/shoving on the turn as a complete bluff. Actually that is pretty much what it is, however while that is a fairly effective and misunderstood move, I am just not sure this was the right flop to try to pull it off out of position facing a continuation bet which may not be so automatic if the opponent has a hand like QQ.

Not sure that makes complete sense, and the major suck-out he got was likely not really part of the equation of the play, but I imagine since the suck-out took place the magnitude of it removed any chance of the methodology of the play being analyzed in a rational manner. Not sure I would be too rational either if I was on the receiving end of that :).
  • Monteroy, either you just got leveled or you're leveling us all.

Ryan
  • Well, I may have levelled myself in a way. Looking up schulle's tournament record it seems he is as they say "aint too good" with 3 cashes in 71 tournaments, none of them significant, and I did not realize that beforehand, so another distinct possibility is that he just sucks (fairly high possibility).

Still, conceptually the play he made I think is a potentially valid one if done at the proper time against the right type of opponent.

Odd things can happen in this game. I have gotten beaten up on Stars Omaha hi lo at times against very bad opponents because it was nearly impossible to believe multiple players could play as badly as they were so I gave up very marginal hands that would have held up that I would have kept heads up. Sometimes a play can be so bad, almost impossible bad, that it is very well disguised.

Note, no leveling was intended in this post nor were any animals directly harmed.
  • I went out in 70th like an hour ago...Went card dead shoved pf MP q-10 hearts with 11 BB(best hand i had in like an hour at least) and ran into AQ..Even though i flopped an up and down I couldn't hit to take the pot away from him... :(
  • What did 70th pay? and how did you do Watts?
  • like 2.8 for 70th...Quite frustrating... I went so card dead it was disgusting...ahaha
  • What did 70th pay? and how did you do Watts?

250th or something, I stopped luckboxing every race.
  • I hope they never use this payout structure ever again!
  • actyper wrote: »
    I hope they never use this payout structure ever again!

what was wrong with it?
  • first only paid 9.3%? LOL
  • Choron wrote: »
    first only paid 9.3%? LOL
    yeah that is gay, it woould be nice to get 30% and 600K to 900K
    hmmm FT awaits me O_o
  • Plus I think it was paid out to something like 20%. Good for the satellite players, not so good for direct buyins.