$100NL Turn re-raise

I was reviewing a few Hand Historys today and I can't help thinking about this hand. I had played about 2 orbits when this happened so I don't have much for reads but the table seemed relatively tight.

I flop the nuts or pretty much unless he/she flopped a straight flush. But I am looking to get the money in the middle.

I bet half the pot because it looks like a feeler bet but starts to build the pot. There are a lot of draws that can hit and pay me off so I don't want to lose him either.

How about the line on the turn? Looking back I think my re-raise stinks. He should have laid his hand down because I told him he was beat and he should have seen it.

I got paid off anyway but shouldn't have.

What would be the best line here?

***** Hand 619435073 *****
0.50/1.00 Texas Hold'em (No Limit ) - Thursday, May 17, 2007 10:18:19 AM
Table TH 49 (Real /Cash Game )
Seat 1: PlayerPoke (129.25)
Seat 2: Paugr (100.00)
Seat 3: $uperchick (98.50)
Seat 4: NH_TY (90.25)
Seat 5: IJackit (100.00)
Seat 6: walterlund (177.90)
Seat 7: seaboy (85.15)
Seat 8: herra_huu (110.70)
Seat 9: /jimmoris/ (102.20)
Seat 10: Rakelover (185.05)
seaboy post SB 0.50
herra_huu post BB 1.00
** Deal **

IJackit [Ac, 9c]

*** Bet Round 1 ***
/jimmoris/ Fold
Rakelover Fold
PlayerPoke Fold
$uperchick Call 1.00
NH_TY Fold
IJackit Raise to 5.00
walterlund Fold
seaboy Fold

herra_huu Fold
$uperchick Call 5.00
*** Flop(Board): *** : [4c, 5c, 6c]
*** Bet Round 2 ***
$uperchick Check
IJackit Bet 5.00
$uperchick Call 5.00
*** Turn(Board): *** : [4c, 5c, 6c, 7d]
*** Bet Round 3 ***
$uperchick Check
IJackit Bet 17.00
$uperchick Raise to 39.00
IJackit Raise to 71.00
$uperchick Call 71.00
*** River(Board): *** : [4c, 5c, 6c, 7d, Ks]
*** Bet Round 4 ***
$uperchick All-in 17.50
IJackit Call 17.50
*** Showdown *** : Rake: 3.00 Total Pot: 195.50

$uperchick [6d, 6h] Three of a kind, sixes Win: 0.00
IJackit [Ac, 9c] Ace high flush Win: 195.50

Comments

• your line on the turn is fine, you have the best hand, get all the chips in when you have the best hand and you know that worse hands/draws will call. for example, the person with the set isnt getting all in on that river so you would lose value by "slow playing" or "being tricky" on the turn.
  • You should bet a bit bigger on the flop, $7-8 looks like a normal bet and builds the pot better, if anything the small bet is more suspicious. Just reraise all-in on the turn, raising all but $18 is kind of foolish.
  • specialK wrote: »
    for example, the person with the set isnt getting all in on that river so you would lose value by "slow playing" or "being tricky" on the turn.

Why would that river card scare him off? I don't get it.

I am not slowplaying here at all either. I fired a bet pre-flop, on the flop, on the turn X 2 and the rest on the river.

My concern is that I thought my line stunk on the turn. I could have either pushed over his turn check raise or smooth called his re-raise on the turn and pushed the river. But. if another club falls on the river it may scare him off if he is sitting on a straight.
  • i'm just saying, get it all in on the turn. the river can only hurt your hand (obviously not in this case, but in the future)
  • specialK wrote: »
    i'm just saying, get it all in on the turn. the river can only hurt your hand (obviously not in this case, but in the future)

gotcha. I agree.
  • cadillac wrote: »
    Why would that river card scare him off? I don't get it.

The other thing to think about, with 3 clubs on the board, when you get raised on the flop and turn, the villian probably knows you are playing a strong hand.

So if they do have a SET, and you know they are well aware of your strength, then you want them to commit all their money before the river.

The reason for that is because when they know they are potentially behind, they are now hoping for the board to pair, so they can win with a boat (or quads).

SO if the board hasn't paired yet, and you have nut flush... jam the pot! Their raise has commited them to the pot, so just push there. If you wait until the river, and try something tricky, they may throw their set away.

Best would be to get them all in on the flop or the turn. :D
  • Definitely push the turn. You're leaving yourself very little money if you just call, and there's no way your oppponent is folding after putting in that much money. Also, bet 3/4 pot on the flop. 1/2 pot on the turn is fine although I prefer 2/3. Not a huge deal though.