$130 Promo

Anyone sign up for this promo?

http://www.pokerforum.ca/showthread.php?p=116191#post116191

I got the $30 starting funds ok, but to clear the $100 additional bonus you have to earn 12,000 points. Starting with $30, I figure the $0.10/0.20 tables makes sense (with a maximum buy-in) of $20.00 per table. Playing two tables, I'm only clearing the bonus at about 50-75 points an hour. At this rate, it will take approx. 160 hours to clear the $100 bonus. I don't mind free online bonuses, but at least they should clear at a decent rate. Anyone else trying to clear this bonus with a better strategy? If I build the $30 up to $100, can I withdrawl the $70 or do I have to wait to clear the bonus? Might be better to spend the $30 on a one time MTT and hope for the best.

Comments

• I am in the same boat here. Here are two little tidbits that will maybe help out.

1. When you sign up it allows you to choose your currency. I chose Euro's instead of US Dollars. 30 euros = $40ish USD.

2. If you are the first to sit at a table you earn the points at a rate of 1.5 - 1 so this is worth your while as well. The tables seem to fill up with in 3-5 mins everytime.

The bonus clears in $5 increments so even if you don't clear the whole thing you will still get paid on what you do clear.

The $30 is yours and you can withdraw it immediately. You can WD the bonus as soon as your clear each $5 increment.
  • you might want to email cdpoker about your account, i did last night and they sent me am email today that stated the following. my account was funded by a $30 bonus, currently your accout sits at $109.81. in order to withdraw your winning and the $30, you must gain 2701.6 cdpoints and make a deposit. these requirements must both be met before you may withdraw. thanks for your understanding.
    if you have already deposited you should be fine, since you are trying to get 12k cdpoints anyway you should be way over 3000 minimum(i have just over 330). a quick email and they will check it all out for you and send you a list of requirements. you only have 3 months also to get 12k cdpoints and i don't have anywhere near enough
  • Onadar wrote: »
    you might want to email cdpoker about your account, i did last night and they sent me am email today that stated the following. my account was funded by a $30 bonus, currently your accout sits at $109.81. in order to withdraw your winning and the $30, you must gain 2701.6 cdpoints and make a deposit. these requirements must both be met before you may withdraw. thanks for your understanding.
    if you have already deposited you should be fine, since you are trying to get 12k cdpoints anyway you should be way over 3000 minimum(i have just over 330). a quick email and they will check it all out for you and send you a list of requirements. you only have 3 months also to get 12k cdpoints and i don't have anywhere near enough

So basically you need to obtain the 2,701 in points in 3 months or you will lose the bonus? what about the profit you have earned? It would be good if someone was to filter these offers from sponsors before they are offered to members of this site, so at least they are feasible. I will have to see if I can withdrawal any of the $30. I have a lot less points than you.
  • I'm in the same boat. Except I stupidly chose canadian, so my bonus was less than $30 US originally.. ah well... building it up nicely playing the .10/.20 NL tables. How am I supposed to earn 12k points in 3 months? I don't have that much time to dedicate to poker. Hopefully the profit and the $30 are safe if I don't earn the 12k, and I just lose out on the bonus $100.

On another note, are we every going to be able to redeem CPF bucks again?

(anyone else notice... I'm all about the free money?! :D )
  • I fell for the Cdn$$ as well; if there is a british pound option, that might be the way to go (or euro); figured the bonus would be in US$ and it would be converted to Cdn. Almost at PAR these days anyways :) Not sure if you will get to keep the $30 or your profit. We are in the same boat.
  • i just received this from cdpoker clarifiying some of what was sent to me earlier, the following is about 1/2 of what was sent, the rest has personal info i can't post, but there is good news the winnings while you need 3k cdpoints you have no time limit to get it.

In the case of the $100 which is in your pending bonus balance. You
    will be given 3 months to redeem it. Otherwise it will expire. You need
    to play in our real money ring games and tournaments to earn CDpoints.
    For every 600 points that you earn, $5 will automatically be credited
    to your account.

Just some clarifications, you need to earn a total of 3000 CD points
    and make a deposit in order to withdraw your winnings and the $30 bonus.
    By the time you received the previous emails, you already accumulated
    some points and just need 2701.6 more. At this moment, you already have
    367 points and just need 2633 more points. There is no time
    requirement for this bonus’ points accumulation.

You also need to make a deposit. Minimum deposit depends on the method
    that you will be using. Just go to the “Cashier” section to know
    all the available deposit and cash out options in your area.

On the other hand, please disregard the deposit 10 get 15 promotion
    mail that we have sent you. We regret that you no longer qualify for this
    promo since you already receive instant cash bonus from your affiliate.
  • still, earning 3,000 points will take some time and is a lot of work for $30+. Your time is probably better spent with rake-back and some of the other bonuses out there.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    still, earning 3,000 points will take some time and is a lot of work for $30+. Your time is probably better spent with rake-back and some of the other bonuses out there.

True... but the "FREE MONEY" advertisements... (myself included) this site sure has a lot of donks just waiting to give away the free money. So if I do continue to build this bankroll, I'm glad to hear that after 3000 points I'll have the option to retrieve it... and put it into a site with rakeback, or some other more worthwhile bonus structure.

I've played party, pokerstars, pokerroom, bowmans, ultimatebet, truepoker, and some others... and so far I'm finding CDpoker has just as many if not more fish than the ret of those sites...

Plus I'm now addicted to the $2 + .40 NL Hold Em sit'n'gos, with 12 players, with a Jackpot of $2000 if you can win 4 in a row. So far I've only won 2 consecutive. :D
  • CanadaDave wrote: »
    Plus I'm now addicted to the $2 + .40 NL Hold Em sit'n'gos, with 12 players, with a Jackpot of $2000 if you can win 4 in a row. :D

Where is this promo advertised? Is this an on going promo for all players on the site? Winning four in a row is tough, but might be a good way to spend the $30, and if you hit, $2,000 pay day would be nice. I've only got 160 points so far on this site, ($26 profit) so a long way to go to earn the $30+.
    Where is this promo advertised? Is this an on going promo for all players on the site? Winning four in a row is tough, but might be a good way to spend the $30, and if you hit, $2,000 pay day would be nice. I've only got 160 points so far on this site, ($26 profit) so a long way to go to earn the $30+.

This is an ongoing deal with CDPoker (and Titan). They are listed under Jackpot S&G.
    If I remember correctly, 4 1st/2nds in row wins something too.
  • good to know; might take my profit and put it towards some SnGs and hope for the best. Better use of time than trying to obtain 2,000 CD points.

Just go to the sit'N'go section on CDpoker, and choose the $2 tables, now sort by name, and look for the "Dirty Dozen Jackpot Sit N Go". They are 12 person tounreys, 2 tables of 6. Check out the attachment for more details. First place pays $12.

GL