"I'll play you headsup"

Had to share this gem. I'm a little hazy on the exact hand details (1-2 hours sleep and too much vodka redbull at this point), but should be close enough to get the point across.

Playing in a $15-30 game at the Wynn on Friday afternoon. The game was OK, but not great (not like the $15-30 on Thursday night at Bellagio which was ridonkulous). Finished up around $150 over maybe 3-4hrs.

I'm in seat 4 (I think). Villian is 2 (maybe 3) to my left in seat 6 or 7.

Villian's been fairly loose-aggressive, and I'm pretty sure he's been getting out of line. I've seen him bet the whole way numerous hands and get bet into on the river and then do the 20 second Hollywood stare at his hand and muck (numerous times). In short, I have little respect for this guy.

He limps in EP, along with 2 others and I raise AQs in the BB. 4 to the flop. Flop is T64 with one of my suit and I cont bet. Villian calls, other semi-capable player calls, other mucks. Turn is a K. Checks around. River pairs the board (6 or 4 I think). I check, villian bets, other guy folds. I announce I'm making a donkey call and show A high. Villian stares at his hand and I know I'm good, he mucks disgustedly 20 seconds after I table my hand. I'm raking in the numerous reds and am now in the SB for $10. I'm raking my chips and before I even know what's happened I see 4 cards in front of me.

Dealer: "Ugh, you know he just killed your hand right?"
Me: (figuring out what just happened) "Ya, what are you going to do about it?"

Dealer goes on to say he has to kill my hand (I know this, I have no idea which are my cards and which are his). I don't have a problem with this, I know I'm supposed to protect my cards. It's clearly evident to both the dealer and the entire table that this guy deliberately mucked the cards into my hand (he'd have to muck at a 90 degree angle from where we were sitting). If it was an accident I'd expect a sorry, but instead UTG has a smug smirk on his face at his genius mucking ability. I guess I should have just insta called the floor?

I looked at his micro-stack of 60-70 bucks and made some comment about him being broke in 2-3 hands anyways (which he clearly wasn't impressed with). Then he goes off on a tirade swearing and saying he's got more and he'll gladly play me headsup...

I almost fell over laughing because:

a) I thought that shit only happened online?
b) I was half in the bag anyways, so clearly I had no interest in playing some douchebag headsup for his non-existant BR (besides, had dinner plans in like <1hr anways).

Ah, Vegas... :)

Comments

• Then he goes off on a tirade swearing and saying he's got more and he'll gladly play me headsup...

This sounds like a great BBV story involving the guy having a set of chips in his trunk and having a 10K fight yo in the parking lot.
  • nh sir. God I can't wait for June.
  • Scoob if you want I'll play you heads up then at least you'll have a game. No that shit doesn't only happen on line. :)
  • What does happen in this situation?

I hope you didn't show your cards at all, then you could say that you were actually just playing the board and leave him wondering.
  • ScoobyD wrote: »

He limps in EP, along with 2 others and I raise AQs in the BB. 4 to the flop. Flop is T64 with one of my suit and I cont bet. Villian calls, other semi-capable player calls, other mucks. Turn is a K. Checks around. River pairs the board (6 or 4 I think). I check, villian bets, other guy folds. I announce I'm making a donkey call and show A high. Villian stares at his hand and I know I'm good, he mucks disgustedly 20 seconds after I table my hand. I'm raking in the numerous reds and am now in the SB for $10. I'm raking my chips and before I even know what's happened I see 4 cards in front of me.

Dealer: "Ugh, you know he just killed your hand right?"
    Me: (figuring out what just happened) "Ya, what are you going to do about it?"

Dealer goes on to say he has to kill my hand (I know this, I have no idea which are my cards and which are his). I don't have a problem with this, I know I'm supposed to protect my cards. It's clearly evident to both the dealer and the entire table that this guy deliberately mucked the cards into my hand (he'd have to muck at a 90 degree angle from where we were sitting). If it was an accident I'd expect a sorry, but instead UTG has a smug smirk on his face at his genius mucking ability. I guess I should have just insta called the floor?

I don't get it, you showed your hand and he mucked his, once his hand is mucked isn't he conceding that he has lost?

Also if you are counting the chips (which I interpret as being pushed towards you) isn't that a sign you won the hand?

How can your hand be dead if he mucked and then you mucked/killed you hand a second after? You were the last player to have cards.
  • BigChrisEl wrote: »
    I don't get it, you showed your hand and he mucked his, once his hand is mucked isn't he conceding that he has lost?

Also if you are counting the chips (which I interpret as being pushed towards you) isn't that a sign you won the hand?

How can your hand be dead if he mucked and then you mucked/killed you hand a second after? You were the last player to have cards.

He was till raking in his chips when the next hand was dealt and the villian mucked his cards into the new hand. Most likely on purpose by the sounds of it.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    He was till raking in his chips when the next hand was dealt and the villian mucked his cards into the new hand. Most likely on purpose by the sounds of it.

Thanks for the clarification.
  • He was till raking in his chips when the next hand was dealt and the villian mucked his cards into the new hand.

Ya, sorry if it wasn't clear. Back to back hands (BB and SB). I tabled my nut no pair hand AKQ and some low pair (on the board) and he mucked. As I'm raking in the chips, he deliberately mucks into my hand while I'm in the SB.
  • LOL, it's always the insecure ones who feel the need to 'prove' how good they are by challenging heads-up. My friend (who most of us consider a bad/lucky player, sucks out more than most but is still a losing player overall) kept insisting heads-up was the best/most pure form of poker, & the only way to 'prove' who's good.

He was talking about how well he does heads-up online (his live record isn't that good) & insisted we play if I wasn't 'scared' (I don't think I'm great or anything, but certainly better than him).

I told him heads-up is just 1 facet & doesn't prove who's better, but I'd still play. I beat him 3x in a row. On another day, I could've easily lost to him 3x in a row too.
  • Worth reading..

LOl you should of drained his dead money heads up all night.

How can you get bored of winning money :P