playing late

hey everyone,

in tournaments, well freerolls, i will sometimes when playing late call with just about anything if everyone in front of me called with no raise. say 6 people in front of me called then i would get 6:1 plus anyone after me calls on my money. question is would this also work in a cash game or would it leak out too much money before you hit a real winner?. ???

Comments

• Onadar wrote: »
    question is would this also work in a cash game or would it leak out too much money before you hit a real winner?. ???
    As always, "it depends" - mainly on how deep the stacks are and how good your post-flop edge is.
  • Hitting a real winner is directly connected to when you stop opening every post with "Hey everyone,"

Try it some time.

I double dog dare you.
  • Pssst... don't tell anyone I told you this...

If stacks are somewhat deep this can be a very profitable (albeit risky) time to steal. It will only work if your opponents are capable of folding. If you don't know whether they're capable of folding, then move on to the next advice in this thread, this is beyond your current skill set. Ego stroke... check. If I am confident my opponents will all fold, and a significant raise isn't a big chunk of my stack, then I will raise approximate 1.0 to 1.5 times the pot. E.g. blinds 50/100, 4 limpers, so 650 in the pot, I would bump it to 800 or 900, depending on my stack. There are a few other things to watch out for before making this move. If any of the limpers are short stack don't do it. If any player at the table is really short (in this example 1000 or less) don't do it. If you've seen any of the limpers limp/raise with a monster previously, don't do it. To make this move I would need a stack of 4000 or more (i.e. the big raise shouldn't be more than 20% of your stack). To make this move I would have to have at least 2 cards in my hand, preferably the same colour, but that's not required... and if they add up to more than 10, bonus! ;)

/g2
  • g2 wrote: »
    preferably the same colour, but that's not required... and if they add up to more than 10, bonus! ;)

/g2

LOL best advice ever g2. :D I have a feeling a lot of rookie players will stuumble onto this thread, and begin following that last sentence in absolutely all situations... and there is nothign wrong with that.... well nothing wrong as long as they post when and where they are playing. :D