ring games

hey everyone,

i tried the schoolroompoker bonus here at the forum. it took about 3 days or so but i did get my $30 initial bonus, with the additional bonus of $100 for playing raked hands. the only problem that i have now is that i have never played for cash just freerolls. i easily went up $8 first day. second day i didn't do that well i lost $16. today i worked really hard and tried to be patient, and with 2 full boats i am only down $0.60. i just can't play it like a freeroll.
it didn't help that my AA's are 0/3, same with KK 0/3, idiots called with nothing and got lucky so far. i buy in for maximum at each table, play only pairs in early postion. AK AQ middle, suited connectors late. raise it up 6x10bb's and still they call with junk and connect.
i am very new to online poker, i just don't know what else to do, most strategy/tips sites that i can find are all about sit n gos and tournaments and that is what is not working right now. ???

Comments

• Patience, little grasshopper, patience. For one to overcome the adversity, they must first overcome the self doubt.

Seriously, it's those guys you want at your table. Just in a bad run so far. Keep the faith. Learn more. Practice alot more. Go broke a couple of times.
  • sounds like you are starting out just fine. Keep reading, keep playing and good luck!