Ufc 70

not sure how many UFC fans in here, but did you see that deadly kick Cro Cop received near the end of the first round? he even landed on his own ankle...I was at a bar in Niagara and a guy puked his beer in his glass...personally I didn't think it was that sick but it sure was an upset! I'm still in shock with St. Pierre's lost to Serra a couple weeks ago.

Comments

• Gonzaga's kick was pretty good, but it was more surprising than amazing. The effects were pretty brutal, but I think that was partly due to Cro Cop's small head and his mis-calculation (dropping his hand so there was NO defence). Not taking anything away from Gonzaga, but it would be difficult to do this again, since now everyone knows he has a high kick. I do think his match with Couture should be pretty good though.

I really liked the Bisping match - I didn't have much respect for the Count but he really proved he's for real (at least to me). Interesting to see what might have happened if Sinosic had more in the tank when he tried the kamura.

But other than that match, I was pretty disappointed with this show. The card looked nice, but Silva was pathetic, Arlovski was boring, and Gonzaga could have been a great match but seemed more like a lucky shot (and was way too short). Overall, not impressed last night...
  • Pretend its like Mortal Kombat. If Gonzaga was Sub Zero, he just threw a spear into Scorpion (Cro Cop)'s chest, "Get over here!" That was sick and totally unexpected. MMA world is all messed up with all these upsets.
  • Cro Cop and St. Pierre upsets? whats going on here? Couture should retain and Hughes regain...then both Arlovski and St. Pierre regains. what do you think?
  • .... I threw up just a little bit when I saw hiw leg buckle over like that. :-)

I am pretty sure he didn't think he dude was able to kick that high. During the replay it was pretty clear that he thought all he had to protect was his ribs.
  • I think this Gonzaga guy will be too big for Couture. Arlovski doesn't impress me too much anymore. He needs to get rid of the beard, grow the long hair, and put in the fangs.