Java interface vs. software download

I've often wondered about which is better. My PC is stacked with different software/ applications and I've been reluctant to download poker software. I use the java interface at PokerRoom. Should I take a shot at downloading software? Which is more secure?

Comments

• Millions of players have downloaded software from sites like PokerStars, Fult Tilt, UB and Supreme with no problems.

It's just as safe as surfing the net.

Get in there!
  • Java works great at work! :)

One of my pet peeves about the PokerRoom software (and all it's spin off sites) is that if you run the download version and open multiple tables one table always has refresh problems and if anything opens over top of it it stays blacked out even when it's brought back to the foreground. The java client does not have that problem and that is my only reason for using it on those sites.
    Like Johnnie said tho...I think all the software is secure regardless of which way you connect.
  • "Java works great at work" Priceless, I like that. Too bad it's a cube farm at work icon9.gif

What are the benefits then to downloading software? I imagine one would be graphics, any others?
  • "Java works great at work" Priceless, I like that. Too bad it's a cube farm at work icon9.gif

What are the benefits then to downloading software? I imagine one would be graphics, any others?

I personally prefer the downloaded software, as it seems a bit more robust to me. By that, I mean more features, as well as better graphics. The java ones I've played don't seem to have as many built in features, though it does vary significantly from site to site.

For PokerRoom and their skins once you're on the table there's really no difference graphically...I'm not big on other features...I just need the lobby to find a table.
  • I hear you bros. Features are nice, but it's all about the games and the number of fish swimming in the big sea.