Wii durability

So....how much can you really abuse the controllers? Does the Wii hardware stand up to mega-use well?

Comments

• Depends what you mean?

Banging/ dropping / slamming it is not a good idea... Myself? I've had controllers work fine after being banged on a roof, knocking over a glass, and having whiskey spilled on it (all Mario).... it still works fine

Battery wise? Buy rechargeables.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    knocking over a glass, and having whiskey spilled on it (all Mario)

It took me an hour to get the booze off my TV and carpet! But it was a fun night.

E as long as the Wii-motes aren't around when you are in a hand with Lee, you'll be fine.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    E as long as the Wii-motes aren't around when you are in a hand with Lee, you'll be fine.

LOL, good one...I've matured since then tho :) and I've come to respect K4o
  • The biggest concern has been overheating....

If you have the thing on too long (without a cooling fan) the heat can permantly damage the graphics card inside it. When this happens, small green pixels can randomaly appear in games which are graphically demanding.

I know about this because it happened to me. Fortunately, I am capable of putting up with it.... most folks are asked to send them in for repairs.

That said, if you are planning on having multi-hour sessions..... I would shell out the 30 bucks for a cooling fan.