Question about my PartyPoker Bonus

I hadn't logged on to Party in forever, so loaded it up and noticed that there was a $50 bonus waiting for me. You need to get 150 points to clear the bonus and getting to that point is more than a little crazy with Party's new way of determining points.

Anyway, let's say I play with this money and get it up to $100. If I don't clear the bonus after the month time limit, does that mean I'll have $50 left to do whatever I want?

Almost worth it to play one hand of Blackjack. Either you get nothing or $50.

Comments

• They have always tracked the bonus separately in the past so any $$ you won were yours.

I like the blackjack idea.
    Sounds interesting.
  • Zithal wrote: »
    I hadn't logged on to Party in forever, so loaded it up and noticed that there was a $50 bonus waiting for me. You need to get 150 points to clear the bonus and getting to that point is more than a little crazy with Party's new way of determining points.

Anyway, let's say I play with this money and get it up to $100. If I don't clear the bonus after the month time limit, does that mean I'll have $50 left to do whatever I want?

Almost worth it to play one hand of Blackjack. Either you get nothing or $50.

I hear you Rob, their new point system is horrible, for example if you play .50/1.00 limit I believe you get two points for every 20 raked hands, so 1 point per 10 so the bonus goes from 150 points to 1500?! Also, if you play 18 hands at .50/1.00 then decide to move up to 1.00/2.00 you must rake another 20 to get points, that 18 you rake doesn't count until you complete 20 at that level....horrible I say. For what it's worth anything you make over and above you can cash out immediately.
    I had a $25 bonus and dropped to about $17, then decided to blow it on blackjack....got it up to $50, cashed out $25 immediately to test the EFT transfer from Party to my bank account. Then I went back to the $25 NL table and my KK all-in pre-flop got beat by AA hahahaha...I'm glad I at least took out the $25!
    So to answer your question, anything you make over the restricted amount is yours and you can cash it out if you like even if the bonus is not completed.
  • Rob,

I have had several of these Party offers and never cleared the points. They take the $50 back but the rest is yours.

Sometimes they don't allow the $50 to be spent on Blackjack. When they have (a $20 bonus) I played. I lost. It was fun.
  • Rob,

I have had several of these Party offers and never cleared the points. They take the $50 back but the rest is yours.

Are you sure that's always the case? From their website:

"Each cash out restricted bonus will create a restricted balance that can include a) the deposit amount or b) the deposit amount plus table winnings (that resulted from the use of the restricted amount apart from the bonus amount)."

This sounds like they might take back it all if you don't meet the release conditions.

But, they might have a get out of jail free card...their Status clause says:

"Status: This shows the current status of particular bonuses in your real money account."

skipping down to Exhausted...

"Exhausted: A bonus is considered exhausted if the total restricted balance (without any money in play) of a pending cash out restricted bonus drops to $10.00 USD or less."

So, let's say you were to play a head's up game ;) and lets say you were getting killed ;) so you quit when you only had $8 left, logged out of all other tables, shut down the game, and came back 10 minutes later, I'd guess your $8 would now be moved from the "Restricted" area to the "Available" area. Now you go find that head's up guy you lost to and you have a miracle comeback....one thing to make sure you don't do...don't let the $ amount drop down below $5 b/c I think you need min $5 to re-join a table on their site.

So you ask why I think this works? Because I suck at online games and I started with $50 bonus on Sunday, went on tilt with a few ugly hands and found myself down to $9. Shut down, thinking no sense giving the table the rest of my $ and voila!, the next day my $9 was no longer restricted...I've got it back up to $50 now and 100% of it is in my "Available" balance and my Bonus status is now at "Exhausted" pending release amount = $0. And I didn't even get some help from my friends, you on the other hand, might have many a friend that might want to play you heads up....I think the catch is you needed to have been given a "Cash out restricted bonus" (as I was) not their "Release restricted bonus". But you can see what type of bonus you rec'd in your bonus account screen...hope this helps someone make millions!