books ?

Hello,

Do you guys think books are worth buying?

I see all these people reading insted of actually playing.

Comments

• ya awesome post dude. i'm looking forward to the spam
  • Readin' is for suckas....no ones got any wheres from book learnin'.
  • "not being a spam posting jack-ass for dummies you f@#k"....

Mark
  • Actually poker books can be pretty informative...The only couple I'd recommend though is:

Super System II by Doyle and Caro

and

NL Hold'em Theory and Practice by David Sklansky
  • Yea.. but this dude is just spamming - look at all his other posts

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Yea.. but this dude is just spamming - look at all his other posts

Mark

sorry, i don't get it, call me stupid.
  • I suggest:

Ace on the River by Barry Greenstein.

Great book which not just analyzes poker, but how to play poker and mamage a relationship, a family, and still having fun on the side.

Not sure what you will think about his relationship factor given that the book is written by Barry Greenstein and not Brad Pitt, BUT, he did get a phD in mathematics so I am sure that he has a few good tricks up his sleeve.
  • IMHO , books are important. No matter what the information that you have and your opponent doesnt have gives you an edge.

Ive read a few books myself and it helped... im sure that if you are a poker player and you never read a book , you could benefit from it... only exception is if you are a pro, but im pretty sure most pro already read tons of books ( and wrote their own books ) .

Alternatively, you could get information on the internet from various sources...
    I have a website myself, its just a small blog for fun, and i post a few articles / tips / strategies now and then. ( if you want to take a look at it, the link is in my profile :) , leave your comments if you do ! )

You could also download some ebooks...

But in the end, you dont learn to drive by reading books... you have to practice !
  • I'd reccomend Phil Gordon's books. Very good reads.