Neteller ceasing transactions from Canada

From Neteller:

"Reduced Service to Canada
Cessation of Canadian transfers to gambling merchants: the Group will cease processing online gambling related transactions for Canada-resident customers with effect from 12.01 AM MST Monday 9 April 2007. "

Anyone use and is pleased with another online wallet? I'm looking for a new one now.

Comments

• Here's the link if you wish to read the notice:

http://www.neteller-group.com/press/en/127.htm
  • Ugh that's so bad
  • VERY bad. I have no idea what to use now. Think I'll just transfer everything into Party and wait for something viable to come up.
  • When someone with a good alternative reads this, please help the rest of us out and let us know.
    This is very serious, and foir some of us, life-chaging.
  • apparently i forgot to mention:

This is very serious and FOR some of us, life CHANGING.
  • Why Neteller, Why?
  • In an effort to not have orphaned money hanging around on a bunch of sites I elected to withdraw from everywhere until an alternative comes up (with the exception of sport books since MLB is just around the corner. Here are the results

All withdrawls were made on March 27

Stars Immediate
    Full tilt Within 3 hours
    Poker room 2 days
    Full Contact 3 days
    Paradise still waiting
    Victor chandler 1 day

Amazing enough both poker room and paradise would not let me withdraw XX cents since neteller only allows whole dollars (that's what they said). yet stars tilt VC, and Full contact allowed me to withdraw the whole account even if it was XXX.31. Now who is scamming who here.
  • Yeah, this sucks...
  • AcidJoe wrote: »
    Amazing enough both poker room and paradise would not let me withdraw XX cents since neteller only allows whole dollars (that's what they said). yet stars tilt VC, and Full contact allowed me to withdraw the whole account even if it was XXX.31. Now who is scamming who here.
    Now that's interesting Joe, I decided to leave most of my funds that are in online sites there so I can play and wait for a decent alternative to withdraw or move money around. What I did do though is withdraw my balance from Neteller back to my bank account. I had no problem withdrawing it to zero including the cents... I do know that some poker sites, can't recall who though, only allow transfers of whole dollars, but it's not Neteller, or in my case it wasn't.

I am going to run a "Less than One Buck Challenge" later. I am just too busy to set it up right now. Don't worry your pennies won't go to waste. I've got orphan pennies in about 4 sites.
  • Supreme only allows withdrawing whole dollars as well. I had to wtihdraw some as I only had $3.16 in neteller which I will now take my money out and put back into my bank account. I'll be leaving my poker funds in the sites until I find another method of transfer.
  • To moose: I'm not worried about the pennies I'm just amazed that they tell you a mis truth about it. They say neteller won't allow it which is BS.

To compuease: I decided to withdraw everything back to neteller just so there wasn't 100 here and 100 there on some sites I rarely play at. I will probably top up some sports book accounts prior to neteller shutting me down.

Also as an aside still waiting on paradise to credit my neteller account. Almost a week later and still nothing.
    Also as an aside still waiting on paradise to credit my neteller account. Almost a week later and still nothing.

JOE FYI I made a withdrawal and contacted them and they will be sending you a check due to NETELLER uncertainty. I had my withdrawal reversed
  • If that's the case what great customer service for informing me of that. They should just take neteller off their methods of withdrawing. Dumb ass's.
  • pokerdro wrote: »
    JOE FYI I made a withdrawal and contacted them and they will be sending you a check due to NETELLER uncertainty. I had my withdrawal reversed

2 days after my original e mail here was Paradise's response which I find completely unacceptable given that neteller is still listed as a method to deposit and withdraw from on their site

Hello Joe,
    Thank you for your email. Sincerest apologies for any inconvenience or confusion caused, however,
    due to the ongoing change of circumstances in relation to Neteller, your last requested cashout was sent to you as a Check Cashout instead of to your Neteller account and this is causing the delay. Your cashout has now been issued and sent to the postal address registered to your ParadisePoker account. Please allow 10-15 business days for the check to be delivered to that address.

Regards,
    Nikolaos
    Paradise Poker Support

• I received my cheque today.
  • Cashed out all my Neteller points today. 750,000 of 'em.
  • I had 2.6 million, guess I should have waited for a different month.
  • I guess I'll wait for next month to cash in my neteller points. Paradise's ongoing lack of support (should it surprise me?). Their latest e mail:

Hello Joe,
    Sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused. Unfortunately the date you requested the withdrawal we were informed from Neteller that they would no longer provide the service, however, now they have provided us a different timeframe and they can allow transactions until the 9th of April. Due to this, your Neteller was not set as default and a check was issued to your mail address.
    Please allow up to 15 business days to receive your withdrawal.
    Once again, our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I guess they haven't learned anything from their Free Flight programme for Canadians. There customer service just leaves me scratching my head as I don't recall neteller ever saying they were cutting off service. The request was made March 26, and NO cheque yet.
  • I did a Dise withdraw today and got an email saying it has been processed. Not sure if its in my neteller account or not.
  • Hey guys, I used to be on here when I lived in KW, moved to Port Elgin a while ago and was checking the site out when I saw this! Hopefully this helps;

I only play on Pokerstars, I started using echecks, which link directly to your bank account. Depositing is instant, and withdrawling takes about 3 days...not such a bad option. In the past 3 weeks I've made 4 withdrawls and they all went through just fine.

Cheese
  • Neteller is still live and working for Canadians. Just made some last minute money movements to some sites.
  • I just zeroed out my Neteller account.

I am currently working on bonuses on Stars, Party, FT, Sun, and PSO points on UB. (I just realized I called it "work")

That should take care of me for a while. I guess after that I still have WPX which doesn't require any transactions to keep playing.

I hope that a new, free, and widely accepted ewallet appears in the near future and we don't have to say "hey guys, remember Neteller?"