key decision, push or fold?

Final table of 45 player tourny
Full Tilt Poker Game #2008142794: $10 + $1 Sit & Go (15041292), Table 2 - 250/500 - No Limit Hold'em - 13:33:52 ET - 2007/03/17
Seat 1: LEEJOHNSON (5,670)
Seat 2: dbs333 (6,310)
Seat 3: yimmyji (3,930)
Seat 4: scubasteve1966 (3,745)
Seat 5: chuckieland (9,290)
Seat 6: btclark (6,190)
Seat 7: SC 33 (11,565)
Seat 8: stnkboot (17,070)
Seat 9: Bullet2TheChest (3,730)
dbs333 posts the small blind of 250
yimmyji posts the big blind of 500
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to chuckieland [7d 7h]
scubasteve1966 folds
chuckieland raises to 1,500<-is this correct move? or should i just call it
btclark raises to 6,190, and is all in <- push with any A-X (included A2)
SC 33 folds
stnkboot folds
Bullet2TheChest folds
LEEJOHNSON folds
dbs333 folds
yimmyji folds
chuckieland calls 4,690 <-it got me, thinking, is this a right call? I'll lay it down in the future.
btclark shows [As Qh]
chuckieland shows [7d 7h]
*** FLOP *** [Jd 2h 8h]
*** TURN *** [Jd 2h 8h] [Qs]
*** RIVER *** [Jd 2h 8h Qs] [Jh]
btclark shows two pair, Queens and Jacks
chuckieland shows two pair, Jacks and Sevens
btclark wins the pot (13,130) with two pair, Queens and Jacks
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 13,130 | Rake 0
Board: [Jd 2h 8h Qs Jh]
Seat 1: LEEJOHNSON (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 2: dbs333 (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 3: yimmyji (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 4: scubasteve1966 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: chuckieland showed [7d 7h] and lost with two pair, Jacks and Sevens
Seat 6: btclark showed [As Qh] and won (13,130) with two pair, Queens and Jacks
Seat 7: SC 33 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: stnkboot didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: Bullet2TheChest didn't bet (folde

24 tourny, won 4 tourny, 2nd place 4 times, burst out with Best MADE hand 13 times(6 times on the bubble). and 3 times i burst out, because "i'm a donk"
This is the hand that made me say " i'm done for the day"
Full Tilt Poker Game #2010749571: $10 + $1 Sit & Go (15064760), Table 4 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 20:28:24 ET - 2007/03/17
The button is in seat #9
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to chuckieland [Ts Tc]
hokeruspokerus folds
drewdapit raises to 200<-first hand, no read.
ringo6624 folds
carlsbadbob folds
wildforrmywife folds
Lilgiants folds
SLY912 folds
chuckieland calls 185<- not likely i fold TT preflop (unless is all-in bet).
2 crazy for you folds
*** FLOP *** [2d Qd 6s]
chuckieland bets 300-<- see, where i stand.
drewdapit raises to 700 <-tiny raise, AQ, but.afraid of flush draw? or AK but testing me,see if i have a Q or not.
chuckieland calls 400 <- one more card, I can do lots stuff,bluff if D show up, or trap him, if my 10 show up.
*** TURN *** [2d Qd 6s] [Th]
chuckieland bets 900 <- made hand ^^, bet 1/2 pot, if he has a real hand, he'll raise me again.
drewdapit raises to 2,100, and is all in
chuckieland calls 1,200, and is all in<-sweet
drewdapit shows [As Ac]<-oh, pretty big preflop raise with AA. suprised!!
chuckieland shows [Ts Tc]
*** RIVER *** [2d Qd 6s Th] [Ad]<-come on.
drewdapit shows three of a kind, Aces
chuckieland shows three of a kind, Tens
drewdapit wins the pot (6,030) with three of a kind, Aces
chuckieland stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 6,030 | Rake 0
Board: [2d Qd 6s Th Ad]
Seat 1: chuckieland (small blind) showed [Ts Tc] and lost with three of a kind, Tens
Seat 2: 2 crazy for you (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 3: hokeruspokerus didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: drewdapit showed [As Ac] and won (6,030) with three of a kind, Aces
Seat 5: ringo6624 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: carlsbadbob didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: wildforrmywife didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: Lilgiants didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: SLY912 (button) didn't bet (folded)

Comments

• chuckieland bets 300-<- see, where i stand.

"Where you stand" is not a reason to bet.

Also, his 'Small bet' on the flop is a standard continuation bet, the pot's IS small ergo, the bet is small.

Sounds like you studied hard on chapter 3 and need to work on Chapter 4 of the latest 2n2 book.

PSAPbackb.jpg
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    "Where you stand" is not a reason to bet.

Also, his 'Small bet' on the flop is a standard continuation bet, the pot's IS small ergo, the bet is small.

Sounds like you studied hard on chapter 3 and need to work on Chapter 4 of the latest 2n2 book.

PSAPbackb.jpg
    what's the name of the book?
    if i don't make a bet, then how do i know, if my TT is good or not?
  • hand 1. call pf, then let it go...no reson to be getting most of your stack in pf with that hand at this point.
  • hand 2, reraise pf and then decide whether you are willing to live or die with this hand.

Don't wait for a flop where at least one over is likely to come and then try and find out where you're at. You're just putting yourself in a tough spot.
  • hand 1. call pf, then let it go...no reson to be getting most of your stack in pf with that hand at this point.
    Thanks.....next time i'll do that....it just plain stupid on my part.
  • hand 1: how can you put the guy on Ax, he doesn't have a push fold stack... i'd say you're at best a coinflip in that spot.
    hand 2: well, the PF call is fine, but i think you have to fold the flop... you called and well, suck-resuck...
  • Hand 1: How are you so sure he has Ax? He is not reraising as a resteal, coinflip at best. You still have playable stack if you folded, no need to get in a situation where you are potentially dominated...

Hand 2: Either reraise preflop, or if you flat call like you did, be prepared to fold if a flop brings an overcard to your 10s, in this case, it actually helped you get away from your hand compare to a flop of 9 4 3.

So, you decided to lead out, thats not a bad play, but you should've folded on his flop raise. He could've already had a set of QQ, he could have AKd and was semi-bluffing (which could also make sense with the huge raise pf because he didn't want action). Or you can just call and lucky...that works too..
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Hand 1: How are you so sure he has Ax? He is not reraising as a resteal, coinflip at best. You still have playable stack if you folded, no need to get in a situation where you are potentially dominated....
    I know, it was stupid on my part, as I work so hard, didn't even get paid....... i'll avoid coinflip before bubble burst.
    Hand 2: Either reraise preflop, or if you flat call like you did, be prepared to fold if a flop brings an overcard to your 10s, in this case, it actually helped you get away from your hand compare to a flop of 9 4 3.

So, you decided to lead out, thats not a bad play, but you should've folded on his flop raise. He could've already had a set of QQ, he could have AKd and was semi-bluffing (which could also make sense with the huge raise pf because he didn't want action). Or you can just call and lucky...that works too..
    If i bet on the flop, and get raised.....if not to expensive, I'll always see the turn. If i get no improvement, then i fold.....does this make sense? It just the way i play........(of course, maybe that is why i get burst all the time)
    thanks for the advise
  • If i bet on the flop, and get raised.....if not to expensive, I'll always see the turn. If i get no improvement, then i fold.....does this make sense? It just the way i play........(of course, maybe that is why i get burst all the time)

this is not correct, you may want to think about this strategy.