donkey test question 21

this is a good description of me. except for the loose part...
===========
5/10 NL Cash Game. 7 handed. You are loose, passive, and you generally play badly. You and the tight player in the BB both have about $3,000.

It is folded to you on the button. You hold:
:as :6s

You make a standard $40 raise, and the BB calls.

Flop is:
:ac :6d :jh

BB leads for $80. You call.

Turn is:
:7s

BB bets $200 and you raise to $400. BB re-raises to $800. You call.

River is:
:2s

BB moves all in for his last $1900. What should you do?

Fold
Call
===========
so, he's tight and likely to only call with decent cards. i'm loose and he bets into me, knowing i'll call with any piece of that. what cards can we put him on at that point? at least an Ace with decent kicker, i suppose. any thoughts?

i raise him on the turn. for a passive guy to do that, i'd have to have a good hand, no? so what can he put me on? at least 2 pair? he re-raises so what do we put him on? at least top 2 pr or better?

now you tell me, what do you put him on?

Comments

• You're loose and passive, you're going to call him on this, but you're losing to AJs. You can't help yourself. You're a donkey ;)
  • Fold. He's got AJ or more likely JJ.

/g2
  • After the flop, a tight player's betting distribution would include: 6-6, J-J, and A-x.
    After the turn, I would narrow his probable RERAISING hands to: 6-6, J-J, A-J, A-7 and A-6.

After the river, your pot odds are $3,745 to $1900 or 1.9:1. Your breakeven percentage is 34%, i.e., you should only call if you think that the probability of you having the better hand is at least 34%.

Since the tight player continued his aggression on the river by going all-in, there is a very high probability that he indeed has 66, JJ, AJ or A7, e.g., 90%. I would estimate that there is only a 10% chance that he is bluffing or has a worse hand. I would fold.

P.S. Looking at my test answer, I did not do the above analysis and I called. :fish:
    pkrfce9 wrote: »
    what cards can we put him on at that point?
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    P.S. Looking at my test answer, I did not do the above analysis and I called. :fish:
    that's why i like to analyze the shit outa things. i originally said call, too, thinking he wouldn't give me credit for 2pr but now after thinking about it, he should have picked up on our hand when we raised, yet he is still firing. i've switched my thinking to 'fold'