Open ended straight draw on a flush board.

Full Tilt Poker Game #1953441418: Table Tierra De Palmas - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em

Seat 1: DW2005_YT ($9.60)
Seat 2: XANAX3 ($8.10)
Seat 3: buckets71 ($7.35)
Seat 4: BigChrisEl ($3.45)
Seat 5: ltdinsb ($6.95)
Seat 6: lemming88 ($6.10)
Seat 7: DonnyDeuce ($1.95)
Seat 8: spjet ($2.90)
Seat 9: txlady ($3)
ltdinsb posts the small blind of $0.05
lemming88 posts the big blind of $0.10
The button is in seat #4

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to BigChrisEl [6d 7h]
DonnyDeuce calls $0.10
spjet folds
txlady folds
DW2005_YT folds
XANAX3 calls $0.10
buckets71 calls $0.10

BigChrisEl calls $0.10 - Lots of limper and I have position so I call.

ltdinsb folds
lemming88 checks

*** FLOP *** [5s Kc 8s]

lemming88 bets $0.10
DonnyDeuce calls $0.10
XANAX3 folds
buckets71 calls $0.10

What do you here? Opened ended straight draw, I think lemming88 has a flush draw and is buying a free card.

He knows how to play and can make some moves.

Comments

• Easy call

8.5:1 odds on your straight, 6 (3 each of non-suited 9 or 4) outs means you're about 3:1

With that many callers, I'd assume someone has a flush draw, so if you hit your straight, but it flushes, you dump it.

Mark

EDIT:

I did a worst-case scenario calculation where I put your (reamaining 3) opponents on

AKspades (top pair nut flush draw)
    88 (set)
    AA (over pair)

You're 15.73% to win, which means the 8.5:1 odds on your money makes it worth the call. I think.. I suck at changing percentages to odds and vice versa

Mark
  • Against a min bet and two callers? EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

If you're going to take the card, be prepared to fold if you don't hit your straight, and hope it isn't a spade. Otherwise you need to fold this here I would think.
  • So you have 6 outs. It's 10 to call into a pot of 85. You need about 7.8:1 and you're getting 8.5:1. Odds say call. Question to ask yourself - can you easily fold if the 4s or 9s hits on the turn? If so, then I would call.

If you're thinking the other option is to raise and try to take the pot down... with 3 other players still in the hand I think that's a bad idea. 6 outs isn't enough to semi-bluff agianst that many players, imo.

/g2
  • g2 wrote: »
    So you have 6 outs. It's 10 to call into a pot of 85. You need about 7.8:1 and you're getting 8.5:1. Odds say call. Question to ask yourself - can you easily fold if the 4s or 9s hits on the turn? If so, then I would call.

If you're thinking the other option is to raise and try to take the pot down... with 3 other players still in the hand I think that's a bad idea. 6 outs isn't enough to semi-bluff agianst that many players, imo.

/g2

Yeah that's what I did, mistake:

BigChrisEl raises to $0.50
    lemming88 raises to $1.30
    DonnyDeuce folds
    buckets71 folds

Now what?
  • Yea.. bad time to raise.. too many guys to bluff through...

so now it's .80 to call into a pot of 2.65... a little better than 3:1 odds... anything you're reasonably against this takes away the odds, and lemming finally made a good bet.

Mark
  • BigChrisEl wrote: »
    Yeah that's what I did, mistake:

BigChrisEl raises to $0.50
    lemming88 raises to $1.30
    DonnyDeuce folds
    buckets71 folds

Now what?
    Your plan backfired, and you don't have odds to chase... especially because you don't have a deep enough stack to get paid off when you do hit. What's a 4-letter word starting with F?

/g2
  • "Fart" as prefaced by "brain"

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    "Fart" as prefaced by "brain"

Mark
    OK, I guess that's a 3rd possible answer to my trick question.

/g2
  • you know me...

Always trying to angle a 3-way

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    you know me...

Always trying to angle a 3-way

Mark
    Well if your first reaction to a situation is to say 'Fart...' as I know it is... good luck finding a 3-way that doesn't include 'Lefty' and 'Righty' :D

/g2
  • Min bet and then re-raise? Buh-bye.