FTP $24+2 14K garuntee hand

Full Tilt Poker Game #1933165099: $14,000 Guarantee (14054909), Table 58 - 400/800 Ante 100 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:42:55 ET - 2007/03/06
Seat 1: 97ofclubs (22,170)
Seat 2: jwg31 (15,960)
Seat 3: hossfly111 (25,765)
Seat 4: SunnySideAcesUp (11,265)
Seat 5: AHANNAHA (74,164)
Seat 6: Tixer (39,888)
Seat 7: bucatola (19,432)
Seat 8: Debbie101 (15,634)
Seat 9: crucial_taunt (34,724)
97ofclubs antes 100
jwg31 antes 100
hossfly111 antes 100
SunnySideAcesUp antes 100
AHANNAHA antes 100
Tixer antes 100
bucatola antes 100
Debbie101 antes 100
crucial_taunt antes 100
jwg31 posts the small blind of 400
hossfly111 posts the big blind of 800
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to 97ofclubs [Qd Qs]
SunnySideAcesUp folds
AHANNAHA folds
Tixer folds
bucatola calls 800
Debbie101 folds
crucial_taunt folds
97ofclubs raises to 2,400
jwg31 calls 2,000
hossfly111 folds
bucatola calls 1,600
*** FLOP *** [Kc 8s Ks]
jwg31 bets 13,460, and is all in
bucatola folds
97ofclubs has 15 seconds left to act

whats your move here? this is a hand that my friend had, and he asked me about it. i'll post my advice after you guys post your thoughts.

Comments

• The preflop raise should probably be bigger, but his bet doesn't make any sense if he has a better hand so I'd call and expect to see a flush draw or a random bluff most of the time, and trips or better rarely.
  • Your friend probably has the best hand, I don't see him making this bet with a better hand. I am going to guess the pusher has 8X or something in this situation. Definitely calling here.
  • Table image and a read on the Villain would help. Since that's not provided...

Easy call. If the SB (Villain) had a K he would try to check-raise you (the original raiser). He just thinks you were stealing b/c you raised from the button. At best I would put him on an 8. The only hand that possibly makes this move that has you beat is AA on a stop-n-go. Unless [very unlikely!] the SB (Villain) is tricky enough to push with a K in hopes that you do have a hand. This is where your table image comes into play as to whether or not you steal.

/g2
  • If Villian is Wolffhound, it's an easy fold. Right Tom?
  • I think he has a K for the trips.
    there are two spade on board, he overbetting the pot, to get the flush chasor out.
  • SirWatts wrote: »
    The preflop raise should probably be bigger, but his bet doesn't make any sense if he has a better hand so I'd call and expect to see a flush draw or a random bluff most of the time, and trips or better rarely.

My thoughts exactly. I could also put him on a hand like A8 with a back door flush draw.
  • Easy call. No reason to bet out without the King, unless he has reason to believe you NEVER fire a continuation bet.

And even if he doesn have the K, why bet so much?

Chuckie, you continue to see monsters under the bed, don't you?
  • Furfy wrote: »
    Easy call. No reason to bet out without the King, unless he has reason to believe you NEVER fire a continuation bet.

And even if he doesn have the K, why bet so much?

Chuckie, you continue to see monsters under the bed, don't you?
    i have a similiar exprience.......
    Ahkh, raise 3x blind UTG
    butom call.
    flop
    KCKD2C
    I bet the pot, he raise 2x.
    set of 2 or trips(KX) or AA????
    I reraise him all-in (kinda has this gut feeling, that he is on flush draw)
    he call with AcQc (pot committed)
    turn is a club
    My mistake on this, when i flop trip K. I should of went all-in.
  • I'm going to guess that every player on this forum has had that experience...

Only learn by losing that way first, right?
  • so...does he has the K or not?