Interesting SnG hand.

As today is a snow day at UW I have been extremely bored, especially after taking all my money off the internet. So i decided to play in some of those full tilt ".NET after dark" and ".COM wsop" freerolls. Meanwhile i noticed a few dollars in my cashier that i had left over from when i cashed out. So i started play $1 turbo's. This is the second hand i think. The first hand i knocked two guys out after hitting broadway vs their two pair.

Full Tilt Poker Game #1905355586: $1 + $0.25 Sit & Go (Turbo) (14227803), Table 1 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:46:43 ET - 2007/03/02
Seat 1: Marbik (1,485)
Seat 2: twosandnines (1,410)
Seat 4: Valley09 (1,500)
Seat 5: luckyshirt (1,500), is sitting out
Seat 7: Possum01 (1,500)
Seat 8: SharpyB (1,500)
Seat 9: thebigugs (4,605)
twosandnines posts the small blind of 15
Valley09 posts the big blind of 30
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to thebigugs [9s 9d]
luckyshirt folds
Possum01 calls 30
SharpyB calls 30
thebigugs raises to 165
Marbik folds
twosandnines folds
Valley09 calls 135
Possum01 calls 135
SharpyB folds
*** FLOP *** [Jc 6c 6h]
Valley09 has 15 seconds left to act
Valley09 checks
Possum01 checks
thebigugs has 15 seconds left to act
thebigugs bets 400
Valley09 has 15 seconds left to act
Valley09 raises to 800
Possum01 folds
thebigugs has 15 seconds left to act

i'm wondering what your move here is with no reads?

Comments

• Easy fold. At this limit, so early in the game, you have a nice stack already, no need to lose it to someone holding J10o after cold calling your preflop.
  • Check raised min amount at this level is a strong sign of strength. You know he has at least a J or 6, fold it.

So how did you knock out 2 players in one hand? or was 2 players in 2 hands?
  • Limp preflop.

Ryan
  • Agree on limp and flop fold.
  • Assuming the stakes aside...

You guys limp pf at this point, from this position with 10 10 and jj as well?

Also, Since we have no reads yet...Suppose one player behind you raises to 4 times the bb...Are we calling with jj and 10 10, and folding 99 on down?

Cheers.
  • either way, i definately know that folding is the right play, and i wouldn't have raised pot pf if i didn't have a massive stack. anyway, when i was thinking about it, i decided that this guy didn't call my raise with a 6. then i thought about the possibility of a J and how often do you see guys check minraise with top pair? and then i was like well i have lots of chips, lets see. so i shoved, and he reluctantly called (since more than half his stack was already in) and showed A5o. after busting 3 people in the first to hands, i coasted to the sng win.