Interesting Sattelite Bubble Play

This is the Paradise promotion vacation thing they are running . 25 spots advance to finals. AT this point there are 26 left and it is now hand for hand.

On another table one guy has a HUGE stack about 3-4 times everyone elses. One small stack on that table folded his 4k BB instead of putting 600 more in heads up (which amazed me for how bad it was) so he was all in with his SB.

4 people limp obviously to team on him, but then the massive stack shoved so all folded and the tiny chippers Q4 held up unimproved vs the massive guys 29 off.

This annoyed me as I was forced to win another hand (which I did), but it made me wonder about that type of play. Certainly he was in no risk of losing a spot, so he could afford to be silly (in fact he knocked another guy out with 2 5 off vs AA), but does it cross some hidden line of rude behavior to do that when there is no prize structure other then 25 advance.

Realistically his play has no effect on him, though it may alter who advances and who does not (assume no collusion with the small stack existed). I did note his name so that if somehow I am ever in a similar situation to screw him I will but I realize the odds of that are almost zero.

I am curious what others think of his choice to play as he did with one left to go. I actually like his all in shove play in other circumstances where likely he will get many to fold after and he can win a nic side pot and maybe win anyways with his 29, but in a 25 slot sattelite with 26 remaining I just did not see the point.

Comments

• I actually like his all in shove play in other circumstances where likely he will get many to fold after and he can win a nic side pot and maybe win anyways with his 29, but in a 25 slot sattelite with 26 remaining I just did not see the point.

I think a LOT of donks don't understand what their goal is in the satellite, and as such, aren't maximizing their EV (often by taking needless risks around the bubble). I'm amazed at situations with one to bust, and I see an avg to big stack raise (whether it be to pick up the blinds or whatever) and some other avg stack that could potentially be hurt calls. It's utterly mind boggling sometimes.
  • Could have been his buddy
  • Could be as Actyper says, could be what ScoobyDoo says, or the guy could just be an asshole. Sadly we'll never know
  • he may not have known better