Vegas Trip Report

Hello...
Just got back from Vegas & had a ball.
I stayed at the Mirage and played there and at Bellagio.
I am a beginning player , so it was quite an education!
Here is a rough summary of my trip:(all apx.)
I played th 6-12 & 10-20 at the Mirage , and the 15-30 at Bellagio.
Over 4 days I played 8 sessions apx 4 to 8 hrs long
- 2 lossers -50% of buy in
- 4 break even - +/- 10% of buy in
- 2 winners + 50% of buy in
I also played in 2 of the Mirage tournemts 1 NL & 1 Limit
They were 60.00 & 120.00 , i did the best in the NL getting to down to apx 30 people before bye bye (out of 120 ppl)
Overall ..for a guy just getting into poker I was very impressed with the whole thing , enjoyed meeting lots of interesting charachers.
I found that all the games had a mix of loose & novice players and always there would be one or two guys quietly accumulating all the chips!
One strategy i would use , when I noticed these guys , is to really tighten up my game & just watch what they were doing.

A note for Dave :
I had to make a visit to the Gamblers Book Store & they have your book right on the feature shelf as soon as you walk in!...just thought you'd like to know.
Cheers
Mark

Comments

• Thanks for the report, and hopefully you had a good time. The Mirage & Bellagio are great places to play poker IMO. The Mirage tournaments are probably a little on the tough side, so 30th out of 120 is a good result, even if it wasn't (I would guess) in the money.

And hopefully your winning sessions were at 15-30 and losing sessions at 6-12. 8)

Any specific hands or players that were memorable?

ScottyZ
  • Hi Scotty
    And hopefully your winning sessions were at 15-30 and losing sessions at 6-12

Mostly yes ....... my first session of 15-30 was about even , a little on the plus side & this was after 6 hrs , ...so i head back there the next morning ready to make my fortune :lol:
    All I can say is OUCH! I had my worst session yet - Lots of bad beats and mistakes made for a nasty game.
    This left me talking to myself alot ! So my last night I went & played all night at 15-30. This was my best game & I doubled my buy in , also there were a couple of good players there so I was pleased with myself & really had fun as well.
    I have an interesting hand/player will tell you about when have more time......
    Cheers