5CD and the $1.80 challenge

Anyone here playing 5 Card Draw? B4 I started playing holdem 4 years ago I was big into 5CD (yes only with the guys on poker night, but it was always my fav game). None of this wild card multi-draw stuff, I played good old single draw.

In the past 6 months I've moved more into 5CD online (mostly STARS) and wow, what a fish-fest. Most players go there to get away from holdem with no understanding of the game (calling raises with 3 to the flush/st8, or any pair; yes any pair even deuces).

I find the game to be a bit more profitable than holdem, and I endure way less suckouts. I'm curious if anyone else plays?

On a side note, I'm generally a low-limit player; poker is a side thing for me (I'm way to busy with the wife and kids to play more). I had worked my bankroll online from $25 to just over $200 and tried my hand at a bigger tourney; but busted when my AA got cracked. That left me with a big old $1.80 in the account.

I decided to try the low limit challenge (starting with holdem) to see if I could get my roll up again. I worked it to $19 within two days, then played a $12 single-table sit+go and won. Since then I worked my roll to $131 strictly on 5CD. Not to shabby.

I'm not trying to brag, well ok maybe I am a bit :) Lambast me, I'm ready for it! :)

Comments

• I played a few of the 5CD SnGs at Stars, and got outplayed every time.

Well done on your winnings and for having a sweet avatar.

Johnnie