Don't call an all-in hoping to chop!!!!!

I figured we'd be chopping, I figured he figured we'd be chopping, the river had other plans!!!! Look at this hand from the villains perspective, what do you do?

ANTES/BLINDS
superrodin posts blind ($0.15), Marsh101 posts blind ($0.25), Mauno Mato posts blind ($0.25).

PRE-FLOP
fattony1899 folds, 67BigE67 bets $0.75, MentalBadger folds, babysteps1 folds, vivecc folds, waessveaws folds, Mauno Mato folds, BladdOp9 folds, superrodin calls $0.60, Marsh101 folds.

FLOP [board cards 3H,3D,AS ]
superrodin checks, 67BigE67 bets $1, superrodin calls $1.

TURN [board cards 3H,3D,AS,AD ]
superrodin checks, 67BigE67 bets $2, superrodin calls $2.

RIVER [board cards 3H,3D,AS,AD,JC ]
superrodin bets $5, 67BigE67 bets $17.60 and is all-in, superrodin calls $12.60.

SHOWDOWN
67BigE67 shows [ JD,AC ]
superrodin shows [ AH,8H ]
67BigE67 wins $42.70.

I love when a plan comes together! Seriously tho if you're superrodin do you call and if so why?

Comments

• I don't think I could get away from that. :o

Reasoning:

There's already what... around $10 in the pot? 12 more to call?

I would consider a split extremely likely, and the small chance that you have quads or AJ is offset by the small chance that you've got trash and think he might be weak enough to let it go.
  • His thought process....

I have an Ace and there are 2 on board.
    You raised preflop and the odds of you having the case Ace are slim at this point so you must have raised with a big pair JJ-KK.

:)
  • Eclipse wrote: »
    There's already what... around $10 in the pot? 12 more to call?
    There's already $17.75 in the pot and it's another $12.60 to call. Easy call on his part. Just sucks for him that the river improved your hand. But for you... sweet catch!!!

Dunno why he switched from check/call mode to betting out on the river. There were no hands that would call/raise without at least chopping, or in your case beating him. Unless he put you on a 3, that's the only thing that makes sense.

/g2
  • I agree, I couldn't let it go either just wondering if anyone could...certainly a lucky river for me!
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    His thought process....

I have an Ace and there are 2 on board.
    You raised preflop and the odds of you having the case Ace are slim at this point so you must have raised with a big pair JJ-KK.

:)
    Yeah I guess that would explain it too :)

/g2
  • g2 wrote: »
    There's already $17.75 in the pot...
    I'm not usually awake at this hour. :P
  • 12.60 to call a 30+ pot when only 2 hands beat you, you chop with a bunch and beat a few more? ya i call
  • This reminds me off Scotty Nguyen's WSOP final hand for the win, I'd never be able to fold if I were his opponent.