Right fold here?

Tell me I'm not absolutely crazy in folding this here. No real reads on these guys as I'm multitabling and finding that difficult to do. I'm just going with the whole raise-reraise-rereraise allin thing....

PokerStars Game #8679408309: Tournament #44185419, $15+$1 Hold'em No Limit - Level III (25/50) - 2007/03/01 - 00:54:39 (ET)
Table '44185419 1' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: DonkDonk (1560 in chips)
Seat 2: guru.ger (1445 in chips)
Seat 3: stpboy77 (1970 in chips)
Seat 4: lauranjason (1500 in chips)
Seat 5: Holiday_PhD (1295 in chips)
Seat 6: speedflip (2000 in chips)
Seat 7: cswindhizzie (1345 in chips)
Seat 8: breeeder (920 in chips)
Seat 9: icetonez (1465 in chips)
icetonez: posts small blind 25
DonkDonk: posts big blind 50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to stpboy77 [As Ks]
guru.ger: folds
stpboy77: raises 150 to 200
lauranjason: folds
Holiday_PhD: folds
speedflip: raises 250 to 450
cswindhizzie: folds
breeeder: folds
icetonez: raises 1015 to 1465 and is all-in
DonkDonk: folds
stpboy77: folds
speedflip: folds
icetonez collected 1150 from pot
stpboy77 said, "come on"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 1150 | Rake 0
Seat 1: DonkDonk (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 2: guru.ger folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: stpboy77 folded before Flop
Seat 4: lauranjason folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Holiday_PhD folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: speedflip folded before Flop
Seat 7: cswindhizzie folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: breeeder (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: icetonez (small blind) collected (1150)

Comments

• Hmm... it's so little information to go on. But considering how early in the tournament this is, I wouldn't be too eager to take risks like that and bust out. Later on with blinds that were actually putting pressure on the guy I would say it would be an easy call, but here... it's a grey area.

Just my 2 cents, I'm sure you'll get more reliable opinions soon. :D

EDIT: Upon further thought... I like the fold. Your only sliver of optimism is that you're facing AQ/AJ, etc., and he is extremely unlikely to push with it in such an early stage (unless he's a total maniac, which you can't confirm). 10% chance of a dominating hand, 30% chance of fighting a slightly uphill battle against moderate pocket pair, 60% chance of being crushed by AA or KK.
  • I completely agree with your way of thinking in regards to not risking all of your stack this early in the tournament. I have other ways to accumulate chips rather then going in from behind (not recomended) or racing this early. I went on to win this tournament but at the time I was really questioning the fold. It almost looked like a chip dump to me even though I know that's just more of the paranoia of online poker talking. I think in this situation, I'm either calling to chop or racing. No better then that.

stp
  • Ya I'd have folded thinking the second raiser would call...
  • almost 2 to 1 on your money. only if you are up against AA are you not getting decent odds and you have one of the aces. and you are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooted!

sure you are behind. but those odds...
  • I think it's a coin flip here, you're definitely up against a big pair, I wouldn't risk my whole stack on a coin flip this early. Besides you're a much better player then most of the field so you can pile up the chips by outplaying them rather then playing bingo!
  • Looks good assuming neither player has shown to be clueless yet.