Travel to the United States

Here's the deal - I just got invited to spend Easter Weekend with my girl "Friend" and her family at their condo in Florida.

I have always travelled to the US with just a Birth Certificate and DL.

I know the US has new laws about Canadians travelling to the US by Air - but what about by Land?

My question is - Can I drive to Buffalo fly to Florida and return without requiring a Passport. I am getting my passport right now - but "due to sharp increases in volume" it may take up to 45 Business Days.

Please, only those who are knowledgable need reply.

Thanks,

Tom

Comments

• you'll be fine that way
  • Thanks Cory, just found this on the Canadian Passport site

IF I enter the US by land without a passport, will I require a passport to board a US domestic flight (i.e. Buffalo to Orlando)?

No, the new US passport requirement applies to passengers on international flights only. Passengers boarding US domestic flights are not legally required to have a passport, however, all passengers must show proof of their identity. We recommend you contact your airline to determine their identification requirements.
  • Opps missed Tom's last post.

Not a problem if driving into Buffalo.
  • Yeah - their family was making a huge deal of it - but I would only fly from Buffalo anyway - better rates and nice airport to fly from.