Software for Burning DVD's

I have had little success in finding good software for converting AVI's etc to DVD's that gives a nice looking menu, chapters etc. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• I'm not sure one exists to give a menus etc to avi's burned to dvd. Why do you want to do this? AVI never looks very good burned to a dvd anyways.
  • because if I have 3 torrents I want to burn I want a menu to select which one I want to watch. I realize AVI's aren't the best starting but in some cases that's what I already have.
  • My fav is Nero http://www.nero.com
    They have a 30 day trial.
  • The Nero one is lame though. IIRC you can only have 4 items per screen. Sometimes I burn 20+ files to a disk and I am forever flipping screens to get to the item I want. On the plus side you can put background music to each screen which is cool.
  • iuytiuygkmnb
  • moose wrote: »
    iuytiuygkmnb

?
    I thought it was my cold, But this has me puzzled. I certainly hope other people are benefiting from my question here, and I'm not the only one out in the cold.

Milton Less than Haddon
  • A double post with the second copy edited (b/c you can't delete posts on the new forum. booo!)

/g2
  • g2 wrote: »
    A double post with the second copy edited (b/c you can't delete posts on the new forum. booo!)

/g2

The great Carnac posts the answer above to the following question:

Why did Moose make a post of just gibberish?

(besides the obvious CPF buck whoring)
    The great Carnac
    huh? this is all i got

/g2
  • Oh you are so young. That was for the benefit of our older friend ddmilcan.

Try this:

http://www.johnnycarson.com/carson/carnac_main.jsp
  • not sure if you're looking for this kind of software still joe, but here it is....

now, keep in mind, this doesnt' let you add menu's to it, but it iwll take the avi and put it in a burnable format...

DIKO....if you google it it will take you to a download page. After you have DIKO, you need to run a program called DVD shrink. It will work like a charm.
    Now, if you're interested in backing up your own copy of a DVD you have, you can get a program call DVD43. It's a little happyface that sits in your system tray and strips all the copyright protection from dvd's, making them childs play for DVD shrink to copy. You know, just incase your original gets scratched in a horrid DVD accident.
    :)
    So, quick recap, if you dont want to read the whole post again.

DIKO to transfer AVI's....
    DVD shrink to burn the transfered files
    DVD 43 to rip dvd's...this has to be used in conjunction with DVD 43, and when you download it it will likely say "patin-coufin is not insalled, leaving dvd43"
    just google patin-coufin before installing dvd43, and this will eliminate the problem. And patin-coufin is not spyware, is computer safe.
    hope that helps.
    :)
  • ConvertXtoDVD

I just started using this a couple weeks ago. I don't use it for menus, but it appears the functionality is there and is pretty decent. I know a guy who knows a guy who can get you a copy if you PM him.

/g2
  • I've been using Nero and it's a bit of a pain in the ass but does what I want it to do. Thanks for all the help.
  • I haven't found DVD43 to work on any modern DVD copy protection.

I haven't ripped any DVD with success since the summer but basically the advice I was given was to:

0. Make sure you are not using DVD43.
    1. Use DVDDecryptor to rip the DVD as files.
    2. Use DVDShrink to shrink up a 2 layer DVD to fit on a single layer DVD.
    3. Burn it up.

I'll take any opinions though.
    I haven't found DVD43 to work on any modern DVD copy protection.

I haven't ripped any DVD with success since the summer but basically the advice I was given was to:

0. Make sure you are not using DVD43.
    1. Use DVDDecryptor to rip the DVD as files.
    2. Use DVDShrink to shrink up a 2 layer DVD to fit on a single layer DVD.
    3. Burn it up.

I'll take any opinions though.

0. is correct
    1. is outdated... that's what I used to use, but I think I switched b/c they stopped updating it. I use DVD Fab Platinum... at the bottom of the main page you set it to rip to DVD5 (4.7GB) as opposed to DVD9 (DL sized).
    2. You no longer need DVD Shrink anymore.
    3. correct

PM me if you need any "help" getting DVD Fab.

/g2