When your bankroll is no more?

What do you do when you blow your poker bankroll. In theory i know you never blow your bankroll, you move down the limits and build it back up.

I think the reality is that most people (myself included) don't move down to the appropriate limits after they have a bad run. Some people stay at the same limit, some people even push up a limit, in hoping that in a short number of hands they can make it all back.

1. So how do you control that impulse to start 'gambling', playing with a stack to small for the game. playing looser to try to get that card that will result in a huge payoff. How do you keep from letting loses get to you.

2. if you do decimate your bankroll, what do are have you done to bring it back or start over.

chugs

Comments

• No joke...after paying the entry a few weeks back, i had less than $2 in my stars account....then I won the sucker and vaulted to over $110 in my roll. It remains over $100, with some ups and downs.

Had I not cashed, I would have added a small amount ($25) and tried to build it up again at the $0.10/$0.25 and $0.25/$0.50 tables. I would also hit a free roll or two.

I agree the urge to try to get it all back in a few hands by increasing in limits and going for the big score is tempting..and I must say it's not necessarily all bad. If you are close to the felt and you know you have more money somewhere (under the couch cushions) then you really won't be decimated by losing your entire roll. On the other hand, if no other funds are available, you must defend your roll at all costs - if that means dropping to the nickel tables, thats fine. You should be able to build it back up and learn some discipline at the same time. Think of all the bad beats you'll have to suffer through!