See if you get this

You hold King-Queen suited. Which of the following is the most
accurate statement for this particular hand?

A. You should never play this weak hand.

B. Hit it or fold it. If you miss the flop, be ready to fold to any bet.

C. Pump it. This is a great hand. Keep raising no matter what the
board brings. Such aggression can lead to an easy win, too.

D. Call it down. This is a hand worth playing to the River. Keeping
calling it until you see if the other guy actually has you beat at
the showdown.

Cheers
http://www.blackbeltphil.com?cid=sab

Comments

• E: "It Depends"

How about this one about reads

A brand new member on a forum contributes a question that does not have a legitimate answer in his multiple choice. Further, his font is "Times New Roman". You of course read that:

A: Although well-intentioned, this newbie needs to learn much more about poker

B: Although new, this forumer must be much more advanced in poker knowledge than you

C: You like pickles

D: Sloth or another "super moderator" needs to ban this spammerific newbie to the same dimension of xxcindyxx

Mark
  • I Don't like pickles, or it would have been C.

Guess it must be D.

:)
  • Ya I agree with Tyore. You can play that hand in so many different ways depending on the situation it's kinda impossible to answer the question
  • definitely B in a cash game; in a tournament, maybe C if other players have been known to throw away hands with a raise or re-raise. Calling down to the river is just a waste of chips, not unless you can represent a flush or straight or the board and get away with it.
  • clearly this is an all in situation.
  • i'm goin with A except in some tounaments situations or in short handed situations
  • I'm going with D... and that's DrTyore's D.

/g2
  • I kind of expected some sort of bad "poker for dummies by dummies" website affiliate spam to go with that first post. Reads like someone woke up and got serious about poker a week ago or something, it's just odd.

KQ is certainly one of the most overvalued and overplayed hands in tournaments and sit and gos by weaker players and could compete with ace rag and baby pairs for that honor, but it is certainly a reasonable hand and based on the situation/opponents/chip counts etc it could be played quite effectively.
  • woops, thought I read ace, queen suited... my mistake.
  • Phil Hellmuth's Course. this guy is so cool.

... yuck yuck yuck
  • C. I definatley love pickles, gotta be dill though, I only play KQs when i have my pickle shaped card cover, and the player to my left has a toothpick in his mouth.
  • I pump it hard against Mark's 7 8 offsuit and fold it to pokerjah's AQs that has me dominated. I guess it comes back to "it depends"

BTW I prefer this font......
  • I totally agree with those guys. It alwaysu depends on the situation...
  • KQ suited is a semi-strong hand but you never really want to be committed with it unless you are deep in a tourney running short and even then it can easily be overcame by AK AQ... So yes I agree, I would need to know more about the situation involving a suited KQ before I could tell you exactly how I think I'd play it.
  • jchoi01 wrote: »
    clearly this is an all in situation.

Isn't he talking about BlackJack? Clearly he should Split.

Licentia
  • Choron wrote: »
    KQ suited is a semi-strong hand but you never really want to be committed with it unless you are deep in a tourney running short and even then it can easily be overcame by AK AQ... So yes I agree, I would need to know more about the situation involving a suited KQ before I could tell you exactly how I think I'd play it.

Ooohhhh, listen to Mr. "I Know Something About teh Poker" . . .

OP, don't waste your time with this advice. What's this guy ever won, after all? I'd shove it all in pre-flop. :D
  • wtf, holy bump from hell?
  • :-[ No excuse, Sir . . .
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    wtf, holy bump from hell?

LOL, Milo what are you on today?:):):)
  • About 4 (5?) Percs for my hip, so far, and a couple of XL Timmie's Teas, why?