Is this even poker?

Ladies and gentlemen, here's why not to play the 2k guarunteed speed rebuy on Party Poker, the buy in is $1. I bought in and didn't rebuy, i usually just play tight and usually make it deep. Anyway heres the hand, can this even be considered poker? what can i possibly do?

#Game No : 5698091280
***** Hand History for Game 5698091280 *****
NL Texas Hold'em Trny: 31894720 Level: 3 Blinds(50/100) - Wednesday, February 21, 22:41:46 ET 2007
Table $2K Gtd Speed Rebuy (927885) Table #30 (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: asardan ( $2910 )
Seat 2: joelwood87 ( $2890 )
Seat 3: KDVVA14 ( $11820 )
Seat 4: DrCsernobil ( $5880 )
Seat 5: Ratthboy ( $3000 )
Seat 6: johnweejohn ( $7140 )
Seat 7: Ltbast ( $12450 )
Seat 8: KingSallow1 ( $6650 )
Seat 9: Unison888 ( $4780 )
Seat 10: False_South ( $23400 )
Trny: 31894720 Level: 3
Blinds(50/100)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to joelwood87 [ Ac Ad ]
Ratthboy folds
johnweejohn folds
Ltbast raises [500]
KingSallow1 folds
Unison888 calls [500]
False_South folds
asardan folds
joelwood87 is all-In [2890]
KDVVA14 calls [2840]
DrCsernobil calls [2790]
Ltbast is all-In [11950]
Unison888 is all-In [4280]
KDVVA14 is all-In [8930]

DrCsernobil is all-In [2990]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 9c, 7d, Js ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ Ks ]
** Dealing River ** [ Kh ]
Ltbast shows [ 7s, 7c ]a full house, Sevens full of Kings.
Unison888 shows [ Kd, 6c ]three of a kind, Kings.
joelwood87 shows [ Ac, Ad ]two pairs, Aces and Kings.
KDVVA14 shows [ 8c, Ah ]a pair of Kings.
DrCsernobil shows [ Jh, Jc ]a full house, Jacks full of Kings.
Ltbast wins 630 chips from side pot #4 with a full house, Sevens full of Kings.
Ltbast wins 11880 chips from side pot #3 with a full house, Sevens full of Kings.
DrCsernobil wins 3300 chips from side pot #2 with a full house, Jacks full of Kings.
DrCsernobil wins 7560 chips from side pot #1 with a full house, Jacks full of Kings.
DrCsernobil wins 14450 chips from the main pot with a full house, Jacks full of Kings.
Re-buy: Ltbast re-buys 3000 chips and the chip stack increases from 12510 chips to 15510 chips.
Re-buy: Unison888 re-buys 3000 chips and the chip stack increases from 0 chips to 3000 chips.
waiting for joelwood87, KDVVA14 to rebuy in 30 seconds to continue playing in the tournament
Re-buy: KDVVA14 re-buys 3000 chips and the chip stack increases from 0 chips to 3000 chips.
Player joelwood87 finished in 453.

Is it even profitable to play in these tournaments? What is your strategy to make your way through a field of donks?

Comments

• This was during the rebuy, you need to be ready for this.

What was your table image?

LtBast and DrC both had PP and really for a $1 tourney may be worth the gamble.

Unison and KDV should not have been in the hand and could be classified as donkish. Even for a rebuy, I don't think these hands justify playing esp with a raise and a reraise.

With these you just need to suck it up and rebuy.
  • Aces get cracked on a $1 Rebuy MTT? UNHEARD OF!!

Low buyin rebuy tournaments cannot be considered poker whatsoever until AFTER the addon period. Up until that point, it's just BINGO!
  • Quit giving bingo a bad name. After all 30,000 grandma's can't be wrong can they.
  • I have never understood why people enter a rebuy tournament and don't rebuy. Especially for a buck!!!
  • Irony is someone who will not rebuy for $1 calling anyone else a donk. Hell, calling any play donk play while in a rebuy period (especially a $1 rebuy which heh) is kind of silly since many are just trying to get a huge stack instead of trying to tightly sneak into the bubble for a 20 cent profit.

What next - play money donks?
  • Table $2K Gtd Speed Rebuy

It is Bingo plain and simple. Don't ever be surprised by odd calls.
  • I'm with everyone else. It's a $1 rebuy tournament. I've hosted a $5 rebut tourney where an entire table went in blind, first hand. :)

There is one thing that stands our for me though....
    joelwood87 wrote: »
    Re-buy: Ltbast re-buys 3000 chips and the chip stack increases from 12510 chips to 15510 chips.

Can someone explain this to me?? Was he allowed to re-buy since he was all-in and his stack was $0??
  • Some sites and party was ( and maybe still is) one of them that when you went all in you were considered to have $0 and were eligible to rebuy. Maybe this is still the case.
  • Well, i guess i've learned my lesson fellas. It'll be no more $1 speed rebuy's for me. Whoever it was that said that theres no point in trying to make it to the bubble and make .20. That hit me right over the head, what the hell am i trying to do? Theres no profit in these tournaments unless you're ready to rebuy because i guess you're always gonna have to take at least a few bad beats in these things.
  • Zithal wrote: »
    I'm with everyone else. It's a $1 rebuy tournament. I've hosted a $5 rebut tourney where an entire table went in blind, first hand. :)

Me puts his hand up and says "all in" Been there done that.....
  • I have played alot of rebuys, the only hand I might not have gone all in on was the K6o, now if they were SOOOOOTED that would be a different story.

Upon further review of the HH I see that the K6 guy was the 4th one in the pot, with 3 others betting pretty huge then HELL YA K6o is all in baby! I am pushing any 2 at that point.

And, since it is a $1 rebuy, I might just be all in every hand anyway.
  • i think you can rebuy at any time regardless of your stacksize
  • Zithal wrote: »
    I'm with everyone else. It's a $1 rebuy tournament. I've hosted a $5 rebut tourney where an entire table went in blind, first hand. :)

There is one thing that stands our for me though....

Can someone explain this to me?? Was he allowed to re-buy since he was all-in and his stack was $0??

i think at party you can rebuy at anytime, regardless of your stacksize
  • Move up where they'll respect your raises *rolls eyes*
  • Respect? In a rebuy? I don't play many rebuys, but in my experience, there is NO respect during the rebuy period, regardless of level.