Hands for Analysis - #1

Hello all,

I was in a local 1/1nl game here in the 'Peg and wanted to share a few intersting hands to get your reactions (the first two I was involved in, the last one I was an observer).

Note: this was a very loose table, lots of pre-flop raising and re-raising with less-than-stellar hands. I had been playing quite loose for the first hour to try and establish a LAGGY image before switching into TAG mode.

Hand #1:

My mode/table image: LAG
My Chip Count: $125

First 2 fold, I raise to $6 in UTG+2 w/ :ac:qc, cutoff, button and BB call -- $6 raise was the standard table raise.

Pot $25

Flop: :ah:ad:10h -- Nice flop, but could be trouble

I fire out a semi-tester bet of $15, cutoff and button flat call, BB folds -- uh oh, cutoff has me covered, button has $45 left, no real reads on either other than the button being a bit loose pre-flop. I'm positive one of them is on the st8/flush draw (likely flush), the other likely has an A.

Pot: $70

Turn: :6s

Good blank, I continue my aggression and fire out $40 hoping the cutoff folds, which he does. Button goes all-in for $5 more and I (of course) make the call and he shows a slow-played big-slick :as:kd DAMN!!!!! I start yelling for a Q/10/6

River: the sweet :10d and we chop

Phew!!! You play this any different? What do you do if the cutoff goes all-in?

Interesting note: after the turn when I start yelling for a Q/10/6 the dealer tells me the 10/6 won't help as he has a better kicker!?!?! It took about 20 seconds for the table (not me) to correct him but, hmmmm. :)

I will continue the other two hands in other threads...

Comments

• A money losing hand anywhere. Wouldn't have played it any differently.
  • Once you put half your stack in, the rest goes regardless due to pot odds. So ask yourself if that $40 bet on the turn is wrong before you question anything future.

I likely would made it a bit more, but whatever.
  • If you are really worried about the flush then betting $15 into a $25 pot is usually not enough.