Friday Night $125 Freeze Out

I will be holding another $125 Freeze out on Friday night for anyone interested. It will be in the Yonge and Eglinton area. Space is limited and there will be a 1/2 and/or 5/5 game following. If you are interested in coming out send me a PM.

Comments

• are the cash games rake free?
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    are the cash games rake free?

Yeah they are rake free, the people putting on the tournament and cash games donate the tons of hours needed to put on a quality tournament and cash game. Dealers give freely of the time. The building is rent free as well as all heating cost and electrical.

Why ask the question? This game is located in the poker room section and the poker room section is considered raked event.

Move on to a different topic.

Prophet 22
  • I asked because Voodoo mentioned in a previous post that he was good friends with the owner of the bar so I thought the cash games might be rake free, as some of the SnGs he has posted before. Seemed like a fair question to me. If they are rake free, then I was going to suggest he move his post to the home game section (so he would get more interest). I didn't see any mention of a dealer so it may in fact be rake free. Why is everyone so defensive about rakes?
  • No problem guys... I am taking out a fee for the dealers and for some food that will be served at the break but thats it. There is no other cut for the house as I will be playing as well and don't want it to look like I am free rolling it. The cash game will have a rake but a minimal one as well. If some of the Topflight gang come out it will be a 5/5 and a very loose game as is common with them. Any other questions please post here or PM me.
  • Voodoo,

How many people are you expecting for the freezeout tourney...

kt
  • 2 tables max. (20 players.)
  • Hey Voodoo I'm on my way tonight. I'll check out some action. 66 baby to take you out again.

PS Throw away pocket 9's they are no match for my 66.
  • Game On brother... enjoy your dinner its go time.
  • LOL I never really played a hand against you. I can't believe with all the outs I missed taking down those KK. But then again who calls a raise with 73...... got my money in as a 55% fav and lost..... Good game, let me know when the next one is.
  • You came pretty close to cracking those, I thought with all the betting after the flop someone had a set, but it was fun having you out there again so thanks for droppping in. As for the tournament recap after being card dead for a while I picked up QQ in the SB and after drunk guy in seat 1 raised to 2000 I pushed ALLIN and the BB called with AK and drunk guy after much deliberation mucked pocket 2's. (he would have turned a set) I survived the board and doubled through and from there on I took out the remaining 4 players. The last 2 winning hands were my 33 allin preflop vs K9 (seat 10 - William) and heads up my 99 vs J 9 after a Q 10 3 flop we got allin and the 9's held up.