Just Lovely!

Trying to get all his chips without scaring him away...how'd I do?

Hand 1,890,484,348, Started at 2/17/2007 1:58 PM (EST)
Table 'Dunedin': $0.25-$0.25 No Limit HE (Real)
Seat 0: Donk.E ($24.60 in chips)
Seat 2: edhof ($26.20 in chips) (on the button)
Seat 4: xgx1777 ($40.90 in chips)
Seat 5: negenega ($24.15 in chips)
Seat 6: katerka ($21.10 in chips)
Seat 7: eizahn ($13.90 in chips)
Seat 8: Rivts ($21.40 in chips)
Seat 9: Icket ($23.05 in chips)
*** Blind Bet Round *** :
negenega : Post Blind ($0.25)
Dealt to Donk.E: Ad
Dealt to Donk.E: As
*** Pre-Flop *** :
katerka : Fold
eizahn : Fold
Rivts : Fold
Icket : Fold
Donk.E : Bet ($1)
edhof : Fold
xgx1777 : Call ($0.85)
negenega : Fold
*** Flop *** : Js 7s Ah
xgx1777 : Bet ($0.25)
Donk.E : Raise ($1)
xgx1777 : Call ($0.75)
*** Turn *** : [ Js 7s Ah ] Jc
xgx1777 : Check
Donk.E : Bet ($2)
xgx1777 : Call ($2)
*** River *** : [ Js 7s Ah Jc ] 9d
xgx1777 : Bet ($0.25)
Donk.E : Raise ($3)
xgx1777 : Raise ($5.50)
Donk.E : Raise ($10)
xgx1777 : Raise ($31.15)
xgx1777 : All In ($36.90)
Donk.E : Call ($7.60)
Donk.E : All In ($20.60)
*** SUMMARY ***
Pot: $65.25 | Rake: $0.50
Board: [ Js 7s Ah Jc 9d ]
Donk.E bet $24.60, collected $48.95, net $24.35 Shows [ Ad As ] (a full house, Aces full of Jacks)
edhof lost $0
xgx1777 bet $40.90, collected $16.30, net -$24.60 Shows [ Jh Ks ] (three Jacks)
negenega lost $0.25
katerka lost $0
eizahn lost $0
Rivts lost $0
Icket lost $0

Comments

• Yep, you doubled up through him. Looks fine to me.
  • LOL Nice river action. I thought it was a tennis match!

I don't like your line on the river. Although this donkey put the 5th river bet all-in. A lot of reasonable players may ask a question on the 4th river bet along the lines of, "What does my opponent have here."

Fortunately this guy is only thinking on the first level and I guess he missed the fact that when the board paired it may have helped you also.

Nice job though. You got as much of his stack as you could!
  • nh donk.

interesting flop and river bets by your opponent... guess he was trying to show weakness on the river to get you to raise?

i would have been tempted to get more into the pot on the turn. it is possible he was on the draw and would have shut down on the river if he didn't hit.

how did he accumulate all those chips?
  • haha i read the title of the thread thinking that you just took it down on the flop and i read the hand history and i see that you doubled up in the hand.

nh and nice pot
  • cadillac wrote: »
    I don't like your line on the river. Nice job though. You got as much of his stack as you could!

Can you explain....the end result is what I wanted obviously and yeah pretty lucky that my opponent wasn't too smart....can you tell me how you'd approach that river..I am interested in hearing it? Obviously I know I'm good with top boat, I can't put him on JJ? To start I honestly had him on Ax for two pair and/or possibly a flush draw..but in the end I had him on two pair, a set, or a lower boat, I did realize the possibility of JJ but just didn't think it fit the way he bet...some of the calls these players make are surprising to say the least and I would not have been surprised to see something like J9?
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    i would have been tempted to get more into the pot on the turn. it is possible he was on the draw and would have shut down on the river if he didn't hit.

how did he accumulate all those chips?

Yeah, I agree...maybe bet more flop and turn chase the flush away but I took a gamble trying to keep him in the hand.....these $25 max NL tables are full of donks (including me). I can only guess he out-donked someone for those extra chips!
  • Big E wrote: »
    Can you explain....the end result is what I wanted obviously and yeah pretty lucky that my opponent wasn't too smart....can you tell me how you'd approach that river..I am interested in hearing it? Obviously I know I'm good with top boat, I can't put him on JJ? To start I honestly had him on Ax for two pair and/or possibly a flush draw..but in the end I had him on two pair, a set, or a lower boat, I did realize the possibility of JJ but just didn't think it fit the way he bet...some of the calls these players make are surprising to say the least and I would not have been surprised to see something like J9?

I just think that the line on the river is pretty obvious but you got his money in anyway.

How may times out of 100 are you going to see a heads-up pot get 5 bet on the river?

When I have a monster I am thinking the same thing you are thinking. How do I get all the money in the middle. The way you do this with a 100BB's in your stack is to make some big bets on earlier streets.

His donk bet on the flop is strange but not uncommon. You made a small re-raise into him and I like the result. You started to build a pot without scaring him away. He probably doesn't have the case Ace here so if you pot bet he will likely go away.

There is $4.25 in the pot after the flop action. The turn hits another Jack and he checks to you. You may as well pot it at this point and here is my reasoning. If he's got nothing you aren't getting any more money out of him anyway. If he's got a hand he likes he calls and now you have $12.75 in the middle. This gives you the opportunity to bet more on the river.

He donkbets into you on the river and now you can push the rest of your chips into the middle. Very often at $25NL players will put you on a busted draw when you over-bet the pot on a flush draw that never gets there.

This type of line just Looks more common and will set off less warning bells with thinking players. That is all I'm saying.
  • I agree with cadillac however this guy was going broke anyway....
  • cadillac wrote: »
    I just think that the line on the river is pretty obvious but you got his money in anyway.
    There is $4.25 in the pot after the flop action. The turn hits another Jack and he checks to you. You may as well pot it at this point and here is my reasoning. If he's got nothing you aren't getting any more money out of him anyway. If he's got a hand he likes he calls and now you have $12.75 in the middle. This gives you the opportunity to bet more on the river.

Gotcha..and I totally agree, Thanks!