Common Hand Question

Hi again
I hope that nobody minds, but when Im around Im going to be asking a lot of questions.
Here we go....
NL holdem
SNG
20.00 entry
Very early
Middle position with KK and I raise to 90 (blinds are at 15-30 starting chips 2000), its been a fairly tight table from what I can tell this early. Late position calls and player to his left raises to 120(?). I re-raise to 400 to try and take the pot right there, late position folds and player to his left calls. Flop comes 7 5 Q rainbow. I bet out 500 and late position raises me all in. As I am typing this I think i can see an obvious fold, but I call and he shows a set of 7's. I put him on a high pocket pair but not QQ because I think he would have raised it more pre-flop. What I dont get is why he re-raised at all pre-flop (maybe he hit the wrong button). I guess my question is: Is it a fairly obvious fold when he comes over the top like that? Also the above may not be completely correct, but you get the idea.

Thanks
Wader
"I still don't have any wise comment to put here"

Comments

• Late position calls and player to his left raises to 120(?).

For one thing, this is illegal. The minimum raise here would be to 150, since in NL, a raise (with the exception of raising all-in, which is allowed any time a raise is allowed) must be at least the size of the previous bet or raise, in this case 60.

As for how it went on the flop, I don't think I am going to be folding those Kings when the flop comes with no Ace (and doesn't look otherwise dangerous).

ScottyZ
  • Thanks ScottyZ
    I didnt save the hand, so the details are definately fuzzy coming from.....let me see when was that....O Yeah Yesterday
  • A guess... He was going for the steal with a modest hand. He probably put you on AK or Ax. That's poker. :)