Valentines Day

Anyone have any creative ideas? I once had a quartet come and sing "Can you feel the love tonight" to my girlfriend, she ended up crying. Best $20 I ever spent!

I've got the flowers going and a nice card but after that I'm unsure...

stp

Comments

• I once got a box for roses, but instead of flowers, had spelt the gal's name out in cookies! That went well.

Mark
  • Quartet for $20 thats $5 per head. That is less than I need to spend on Gas!!

This year was tough for me - new girl - with high expectations.

I was torn between jewellery and anything else....

Shopping is tough, she already has everything, its all 1 carat + and its all from Tiffany's or Birk's. People's/Mappins/Ben Moss wasnt going to suffice with this one :(

So I went for one of the weekend at Blue Mountain Packages...

Including,

2 Nights stay, 2 Dinners, 2 Breakfasts and Unlimited Skiing.

Hopefully this goes well.

But I may still go for the Swarovski bracelet.
  • kind of off topic, just came back from BM for a weekend and had a great time. If you don't like your room, make sure you tell them at the front desk and you should get upgraded for free. We got upgraded to a 2 bedroom at the Weider Lodge and the rooms were excellent. Spa is always a good gift idea if you haven't already used this one.
  • I vote for "dick in a box".
  • Zithal wrote: »
    I vote for "dick in a box".

Hilarious, of course that was a given!

stp
  • First off get away from Valentines day, I do valentines week....7 days of Valentine's..excluding the 14th...The wife knows I don't do Hallmark holidays so I specifically don't do the 14th...

Last year was...

First day was a stain glass picture based on a couple walking the beach
    Second day was a stuffy with a red rose between its hands
    third day was dinner at the Galt Steakhouse in the sunroom overlooking the river
    fourth day was a home spa massage and parafine waxing for hands and feet
    fifth day was chocolate fondue with strawberries and cherries
    sixth day was bubble bath with champange, candles and her favourite book.
    seventh was a day without the kids (obviously only works for family guys, but they understand the benefit)

This years a little less interesting since I'm not working and thus the budget is seriously cut down...but just means I have to be more inventive..

ATM_GP
  • I guess I'm the only wife who buys into the "valentine's day is stupid" mentality? Either that, or I've been brainwashed by years of getting nothing on Feb 14th!
  • ElElliott wrote: »
    I guess I'm the only wife who buys into the "valentine's day is stupid" mentality? Either that, or I've been brainwashed by years of getting nothing on Feb 14th!

Well, considering the run Chris has been on, you should be getting an all expense paid trip to VEGAS for Valentines!

Wife and I agreed to not get each other anything again this year. So, needless to say, I'll be picking up flowers and chocolate later. Don't believe it when your other half she doesn't want anything...it's a trap!!!!
  • over rated holiday created by people to sucker people to spend money.

Prophet 22
  • Let *HER* choose the sandwich on your buy-one-get-one-free coupon at McDonalds.
  • Graham - I think you could actually afford to date my girlfriend!

RIM still hiring post-grad in Public Policy?
  • To all the pretty girls on the Forum - Happy Valentines Day!

You too Mario :)
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    I once got a box for roses, but instead of flowers, had spelt the gal's name out in cookies! That went well.

Mark

At loblaws they were selling limited edition oreos with red icing...

i picked up a few boxes for myself:)
  • Shannon -

I ended up going with this one...

http://shop.swarovski.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en_CA/-/CAD/SW_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=01834982&CategoryName=010104027&ProductPage=3

Its really nice - and man crystal sure is much cheaper than diamonds - and much less committing!
  • Yeah Tom, that one is really nice. In the same family as the one I actually got.

http://shop.swarovski.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en_CA/-/CAD/SW_DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=AYX67tefPYIYfJJKso0g3r6V2EsIsIl36o0=?ProductSKU=01678223&CategoryName=010104027&origin=detail

She really loved it! Thanks for the suggestion, I told her I got the idea from one of my metro friends. See you Wednesday!

stp
  • That's good - Great taste!

You two free for a drink tonight?