Bit Torrent Help

I know this has been posted before but can someone please help me out. I know where to go to download the latest episodes of the WSOP but I can't open/watch them. Where do I have to go and what do I have to do to make these watchable??? Please help. Thanks.

Hammer

Comments

• You are probably missing the codecs:

DivX Codec

XVid Codec
  • Hey man,
    Check out my first post under Ask Dave for a step-by-step guide for downloading the torrents.
    Peace,
    Phallic Phil
  • Can't find it Phil
  • -First, download the free program "Torrent Storm" at www.torrentstorm.com
    -Open and install the program
    -Then go to http://tracker1.alienchick.com/
    -Under search, type in "world series of poker"
    -Download the bit torrent files of the episodes you want (this file will be very small, about 50K)
    -Open the torrent file and it should show up on the Torrent Storm program (if not, right click and "open with" Torrent Storm)
    -Right click the file in Torrent Storm and select "Start Transfer"
    -It may not begin downloading immediately, but it will eventually

Here dude,
    Phil
  • How long does it normally take to download 1 round of WSOP if im running on a cable modem from bit torrent?
  • jTizzy wrote:
    How long does it normally take to download 1 round of WSOP if im running on a cable modem from bit torrent?

It all depends on how many seeds are up and running, and how your speed is to them at that time.

Basically it depends. :D

If you download a fairly new torrent file, you can get pretty decent speeds. I downloaded the WSOP Finals Round 6 last night, and I had a steady 300K/sec download rate. I've had as low as 10K/sec though...
  • Still can't figure this out?!?!?!?!
  • I downloaded WSOP round 2 last night, it plays for the first 5 seconds then it stops. Has this happened to u guys?
  • Props to Phil, I just got this thing working.
  • I am downloading the file now, so what do I do with it once it is finnished?

I know a fair bit but somtimes :banghead:
  • Another, easier way to do it is: Download some software like Shareaza (www.shareaza.com) and then click on the links for the downloads. Shareaza will automatically open and ask if you want to download. You will be able to play these files in WinDVD or download the DivX Player from www.divx.com

Alternatively you can download codec (google search codec) and they will play in Mindows Media Player

Hope this helps

Full list of all the episodes can be found, as well as the Poker Superstar Invitational episodes, here: http://www.thepokerresource.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1
  • :canada: Who was it that started this? I want to shake your hand.Thank you man.I just saw a bunch of poker tournaments I never would have seen without you turning me on to T :) :canada: orrent.I simply cannot thank you enough.I owe you a beer at the least.Come to the first CPT in Edmonton.I'll get you a drink and some poom-tang if you are not a total troll.No hairllip and hump right?You do look like one of the normals?Ya? Good.
  • maybe someone can help a bit torrent newbie...

ok, so i downloaded shareaza....went to thepokerresource.com and clicked on a couple of the wsop 2004 episodes...

so they start downloading but they are going *extremely* slow...like max 25Kb/s, and more often 5-10Kb/s...and it sometimes goes to 0Kb/s for a period of time.....

is this normal?? we have a good connection, i can direct download files at 200-300Kb/s....so what gives? i'm wondering if maybe there is some setting i need to change or something

any help is appreciated
    Devin
  • I have had the same issue happen with some torrents from alienchick , and I think, dont know for sure, that what is happening, is that someone with a slow dial up connection is the user that is "seeding" the torrent, thus making it slow.

So far when I come across these torrents, I just leave the computer on over night, and that usually is enough time.

however, I have never used shareaza or pokersource online, so I wouldnt know for sure.

Irah, Islander99