O.P.C. "Our Poker Club"

The O.P.C. or "Our Poker Club" had it's first tourney of it's 6 tourney season this past weekend. The tourney went well. The 40 person club meets once a month for the next 6 months. The entry fee is split to have 2/3 of the entry going to the individual monthly tourney and the remaining 1/3 going to the season prize pool.
The club rewards the top 5 at each monthly tourney.
Players are rewarded points at each tourney for how they finish in that tourney. A players points are totalled after the 6 tourneys are complete.
The top 5 season totals will be rewarded with the season pot at the completion of the season.
When a player is unable to make a tourney they may send a substitute.
The club uses kem cards.
No one is allowed to carry out chips in their pockets.
The tables are broken down in order.
And we don't do that re-buy thingy. :)
It was a lot of fun, and I don't know if I can wait a month to play the next one. :banghead:

Comments

• The club uses kem cards.
    No one is allowed to carry out chips in their pockets.
    The tables are broken down in order.
    And we don't do that re-buy thingy.

Solid. ;)

ScottyZ
  • Sounds fun. Where is this "OPC"?
  • The majority of us are from the Kitchener/Cambridge area.
  • Let me know when "Season 2" starts up. I'd love to take part in it.
  • No problem Zithal. We still have 5 months left in this season. Our 2nd tourney is mid September and we finish up in January. I'll keep updating as we go. I am going to spread the word to the club about the site. We may end up using the site as means to communicate and post.
    You keep me posted on those Bristol St. Classics. Also the other tourneys you have on the go.
  • Tourney #3 will be October 17th. Same Bat place, same Bat time!
    See you all there! :)
  • ... asking...
    The tourney will be starting at 7pm sharp!! The same format as the last tourney will be used. If you are looking for the last tourneys results check the other threads started by me ( Xsqueezeme )
    If you are looking for the totals after the first 2 tourneys ( same as above )
    Good Luck everyone and see you this weekend
    :)
  • Are these tourneys open to anyone or are they already set?
  • are for a 40 member club. The club is full and we have 4 tourneys left after playing 2 thus far. We do need substitutes at some tourneys when a player cannot make it and we need someone to fill his/her shoes.
    Season 2 is still a question mark at this point. If we decide to go ahead with it, it will start in the new year when season 1 is complete.
    If you are interested in being a substitute just let me know and I' will let you know when I need someone.
  • I'll sub in for someone, is this in Kitchener?
  • I've added you to my list !!
  • This months tourney will be starting at 7pm sharp once again. We are now half way through the season and the season totals are quite spread out. Anything can happen over the last 3 tourneys as we've seen in the season point swings from tourney to tourney. Everyone still has a chance at the season pot.
    Remember that the top five for the season are in the pot.
    Top 5 at each monthly tourney will get from the tourney pot.
    Format is the same as the previous tourneys.
    Remember that if you cannot make it and you do not have a substitute, let me know ASAP so I can get someone for you.
    Hopefully we'll have the full 40 out again!
    See everyone on the weekend and good luck!
  • This sounds absolutley great, lots of fun wish I wasn't way out here in the praries. Maybe we could bet something like this started here in Edmonton.
  • I was wondering how you calculate points or whatever to award the season winner?
  • We give points as follows:
    1st out of the tourney gets 1 point
    2nd out gets 2 points and so on
    35th out gets 35 points

The top 5 finishers get bonus points
    so
    5th place finisher or 36th out will get 37 points
    4th place gets 39
    3rd gets 41
    4th gets 43
    and 1st place gets 45

total the points after the 6 tourneys to get your season totals
  • The O.P.C. had it's 4th tourney this past weekend. The tourney went very well, not so well for some??? This is how the results ended up:

1st Brad 45 points
    2 Andrew 43
    3 Mario 41
    4 Troy 39
    5 Jay T 37
    6 Pete 35
    7 Greg P. 34
    8 Ginger 33
    9 Chris 32
    10 Mike S. 31
    11 Ryan 30
    12 Tony 29
    13 Kevin 28
    14 Scott 27
    15 Geoff 26
    16 Darren 25
    17 Al 24
    18 Ted 23
    19 Patti 22
    20 Andy 21
    21 Jeff S. 20
    22 Jay P. (spare)
    23 John 18 Rob/Ralph
    24 Leon 17
    25 Doug S. 16
    26 Dan 15
    27 Cathy 14
    28 Matt J 13
    29 Randy 12 Mike F
    30 Dan P. 11
    31 Paige 10
    32 Warren 9
    33 Dave P. 8
    34 Jim G. 7
    35 Dave L. 6
    36 Wade 5
    37 Mike P. 4 Pat P.
    38 Matt 3
    38 Ivan 3
    38 Derick 3

Great job to everyone!
  • There was some movement on the season total charts. Both with some going down and some that moved up. As you can see it doesn't take much to move up or down. :)
    Keep up the good work everyone and never count yourself out or a forsure!
    Here are the season totals to date:

1st Brad 136 points
    2nd Geoff 133 points
    3 Greg P. 126
    4 Pete 119
    5 Andrew/Christine 118
    6 Dan 117
    7 Ted/Craig 114
    8 Matt J. 110
    9 Troy 107
    9 Scott 107
    9 Kevin 107
    12 Greg/Ginger 105
    13 Leon 104
    14 Mike S. 102
    15 Jay T. 95
    16 Al 92
    16 Wade 92
    18 Paige 88
    19 Rob/Ralph 84
    19 Chris/Paul 84
    21 Dave P. 81
    22 Doug S. 79
    22 Jeff S. 79
    24 Ryan 78
    25 Wes/Warren 76
    26 Mario 74
    27 Darren 70
    28 Tony 67
    29 Dan P. 65
    30 Ivan 62
    31 Pat P. 61
    32 Dave L. 56
    33 Mike F. 54
    34 Jim G. 51
    35 Patti 49
    36 Cathy 46
    37 Matt D. 37
    38 Andy 33
    39 Derick 30

As you can see it is very tight for season points. People have moved from everywhere.
    After only receiving 3 points in our first tourney. Kevin has worked his way up to a tie for 9th place and well within striking distance. Well done Kevin!
    Consistency has done a few players well. Geoff, Greg, Pete, Scott and Mike S. have been very consistent and their season totals show their good successes.
    One or two mediocre results can put a skid on your totals, as it has shown in the movements in our leader board. Good luck to all in the next 2 events.
    :)
  • We only have 2 tourneys left to play. The next tourney will determine who to watch and who is in contention.
    The 5th tourney is this Sunday same time, same place.
    Good luck to everyone.
    Remember to let me know asap if you cannot make it so I can find a substitute for you.
    Thanks
  • I know you only have one left, but, if you need a sub for your last one, i'm in Kitchener and would like to come out.
  • If I need a player, I will send you a message. Thanks
  • I'd be interested in the second tour...thanks and happy New Year!!! :rolleyes: :D
  • I will put you on the list bazz. I am assumming that I met you at Redingtons. We still have a tourney to go before completing our first season. The second season if everything goes well should start in March??

Talk to you soon
  • If you have space I'm interested. Thanks.
  • The season is coming to an end with our 6th and final tourney going tonight!
    The season pot is up for grabs with the top 5 for the season in on the prizes.

I want to wish everyone good luck for whichever prize you are seeking.

I personally will have my eyes on a few people tonight so they don't overtake me in the race for the season pots.

See you tonight!

Look here for results of our Season 1 with the O.P.C.

Thanks
    Brad
  • You did meet me at Redington's...March would be perfect for me. I check the thread fairly regularly, and say again, if there's room, I'd love to play. Thanks. :smile:
  • hi, i am in cambridge and am interested. so is a buddy of mine. i want in on season 2. where is it held? how much is the buy-in?
    if you coudl message em these details, it woudl be greatly appreciated. thanks
    johnny
  • It was a successful season at the O.P.C.. I just want to thank all of the members who helped me throughout the season. Set-up, clean-up, colour-up and all the other -ups. It was greatly appreciated the help that was given.
    I have learned lots over the course of the season, both as a player and as the organizer. Also the difficulty of trying to do both at the same time.

Thanks goes out to all the members, I think the season went well and by the sounds of it, the majority of you thought so as well. I hope to see all of you back for season 2, which I will be setting up in February to begin in March. First season members will be given priority for membership.

There will be a few changes for the 2nd season as we strive to improve and learn from the first season. The first of which is that we will be going a little bigger. The demand for this there, and the space is available to go a little bigger. Buy-ins will stay relatively the same, maybe rounding up to $80 instead of $75 to avoid the $5 needed for change since everyone comes straight from the bank machine. The blind schedule will be evaluated and may become slightly more agrressive. We also may develop a pre-pay buy-in for the tourneys. This may eliminate the no-shows. Small things that we are looking at to help improve the club.

I hope everyone had a blast just as I did!

Brad
  • The final Tourney ( #6 ) went very well as some players made some early exits with football playoffs maybe more on their minds then their cards??

Wes was the big winner at this tourney, playing for Paige. After coming 2nd in Tourney 5, Wes finished the season strong after a slow start to the season.
    2nd was Perry playing for Ivan.
    Strong play from Patti got her 3rd place and to the final table for the 1st time in the season.
    4th was Troy who also finished the season strong. Troy almost sneaking into season placing, finishing in 6th for the season. The difference between finishing 1st and 4th in this tourney for Troy was a possible 2nd place season finish to his current 6th place finish. Not to take that away from Troy after moving up several positions to get 6th, but just to show how tight it was in the race for the season pot.
    5th place was Doug
    and on the bubble was yours truly.
    Rounding up the final table was Warren in 7th and
    in 8th was Brent playing in the open position.

Congratulations to the final table and all others.

The Season Race was very tight going into the final tourney. Eyes were on other players as the game withing the game was being played, opening the door for members seeking the monthly rewards. This element truly added to the tournament as some players played for more than one pot.

In the end the season ended with many in contention bowing out early and opening the door for players not too far behind.

In 1st was Brad with 197 points
    There was a tie for 2nd with Pete and Geoff 169 pts
    4th place went to Andrew and Christine 167
    and 5th was Dan 166
    Troy was on the bubble 164
    Jay T, in 7th with 160
    Greg P in 8th with 155
    153 was Wes/Warren in 9th
    152 was Leon in 10th
    151 to Scott in 11th
    and rounding up the top dozen was Matt J. at 150 pts

Congratulations to everyone.

Another change being looked at for the next season is paying more players, possibly the top 8 at tourneys and season rewards.
    The points system will also be reviewed, with the club getting bigger, season points may have to change slightly so members don't find themselves too far out of contention too early in the season.

Thanks to all again for everything! ( and the the big chunk of change ) :eek:

Later
    Brad