Good times...

I've arrived at the final two tables of the Stars $215 rebuy event...

At my table:

Assassin8tor
Rizen
me
ElkY
kwob20
emptyseat88
JohnnyBax
Snatcha
monkey101

ugh.

Comments

• Finished 13th, busted by none other than Scott Fischman.

My AhTh vs. his AQ, flop QJx with 2 hearts, I c/r all-in, he calls (obv) and the turn and river brick off.

GG
  • How much were you in for?
  • $615... 1 rebuy, 1 add-on.
  • I've played that tournament a couple times but I really don't think there's much value in it at all. I usually only play when I'm in the usual "move up to get even" Sunday mentality because everything else I played has gone terribly.
  • I think it's an "ego tournament". I wasn't aware of that when I registered. Basically, if you like a lot of railbirds and you like playing against the best, play in this one. Never again.

In other news, I'm off to VEGAS BABY for a week at the end of the month to play in this:

http://www.pokerpages.com/tournament/schedule2488.htm

I'm playing a 1K LHE event, 2 1K NLHE events, and 1 2K NLHE event. My brother will be joining me, and he's never been to VEGAS BABY
  • GL Devo! Big trip report expected...

Mark
  • Really, these poker tournaments are just a means to an end, the end being the trip report. The tournaments give me an excuse to write... I think I like writing about them more than I like playing in them haha.

Thanks dude, I plan to show my bro a good time. Hopefully we'll trade some percentages so he'll have something to REALLY cheer for as I final table every event I play.
  • Your reports are every bit as good as your play.

GL and can't wait for the reports. (that includes the whole booze hooker part)
  • Ya I cant wait to hear about your trip to VEGAS BABY.

2 questions, what's Scott Fischman's online name? and how much did you earn for your 1th place finish?
  • Scott Fischman is emptyseat88

ElkY is really the one to watch, though. He was playing at 11 other tables during this tournament, including all of the $25/$50 NL tables, and the $200/$400 NL table. I checked one of the $25/$50 tables he was at, he was sitting with 14K+ at that table alone, didn't bother checking the rest.

For my 13th place finish I believe I received around $1300, but I forget the exact amount.
  • jesus... 11 tables? I remember seeing something like that, but it was only 5 tables and I was still blown away...